Auburn Coast 2 Coast 2011

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
More
10 Apr 2011 17:59 #19773 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
Jealous of the fun that Mike and Joan are having? You should be!

But if you own a Cord 810 or 812 you can enjoy some of their excitement by driving your car to Auburn in August on the CORD CONVOY. And you will have support along the way that the Huffmans are brave enough to do without. (Plus lots of goodies.)

Check out the Cord Convoy at [url:3msitrv5]http://www.cordconvoy.com[/url:3msitrv5]. There may never again be anything like it.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jhcarlady
  • jhcarlady's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
11 Apr 2011 22:44 #19779 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: auburn coast 2 coast
Any of you that are following along can see that we are not traveling on highway 27 south as originally planned. 27 runs through many large cities. We avoid large cities as much as possible. Most of the time that means choosing a small town, or series of small towns along the way to set the Garmin for, and in that manner we can stay out of town. The biggest problem with that, is finding a hotel, restaurant or gas station. You get to see some interesting scenery instead, but it is difficult to go more than 250 - 300 miles in a day. The roads snake around, and you have a slow pace through all of the small towns. I have the Garmin set to avoid highways, and traffic. It is also set for fastest route. Avoiding traffic sometimes means that we are traveling through the residential areas of the town, even in small towns.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
12 Apr 2011 04:09 #19785 by jhcarlady

Parksville Stawberry sundae & shortcake

(yard art) Old man & his toys

(yard art) Tin man etc

BEAR? In Florida?
We went to breakfast at Parksville Strawberry farm in Plant City, Florida. Yum! Afterwards we browsed the antique stores in town. I set the Garmin for Orange City, Florida where we will be spending the next few days. Oops! Forgot that Garmin would take us the shortest route? right through Lakeland. I reset the Garmin for a couple small towns along the route we preferred to take (not through Orlando) and we continued to our destination.
Mike changed the oil and washed the car tonight. We have driven 1526 miles total so far. Oil cost was $28.50.
I am cathing up on the expenses since I did not post expenses the last couple days. I have grouped some of our expenses together. Saturday we stayed at my sister?s (no charge). Our hotel for Sunday night in Plant City was $83.63. The hotel for Mon., Tues., and Wed. is $199.19.
We traveled 277 miles to Bradenton and from Bradenton to Plant City. From Plant city to Orange City was 121 miles today. Food for Sat & Sunday was $66.75. Today?s food was $57.95
Saturday was 17.22 gallons at $65.14 Gas today was 13.15 gallons at $49.96

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
12 Apr 2011 18:29 #19792 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: Auburn Coast 2 Coast
correction - Parkesdale Strawberry Farm

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
13 Apr 2011 03:04 #19799 by jhcarlady

Ponce De Leon?s Fountain of Youth in DeLeon State Park, De Leon, FL

Pancake lunch at DeLeon State Park
We drove to DeLeon State park today. It was a beautiful park full of Live Oaks and Cypress trees. The spring fed pool there is a constant 72˚. (just touching the water probably made me 10 years younger) They have a unique restaurant there, where you can cook your own pancakes at your table. They are served with the parks own syrups or molasses,
We did not purchase gas or keep mileage today. Hotel costs were posted yesterday. Food costs were $32.21 today. Admission to the park was $6.00.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
More
13 Apr 2011 14:50 #19802 by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
ETHAN ALLEN TURNER replied the topic: ROAD TRIP
Hi Mike & Joan,
I hope that you have your ACD Roster, that a must ! I am enjoying your trip so much, please keep the story line going with the photos. I just love road trips so much I rather do that than stand around in a parking lot. You folks are brave !

LIFE MEMBER #25 Man of the Year 2011 WHAT EVER WE DO FOR OURSELF DIES WITH US
WHAT EVER WE DO FOR THE WORLD STAYS
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds