Auburn Coast 2 Coast 2011

• jhcarlady
  • jhcarlady's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
04 Apr 2011 02:50 #19729 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady created the topic: Auburn Coast 2 Coast 2011
We are getting ready for our trip in the 1935 Auburn Speedster. Our plans were to leave Tuesday but it's too cold and rainy yet so we are tentatively planning to leave Thursday instead. Our plans are to get as far south as we can the first day. After that we will be driving on old highway 27 to Florida. I will try to post each night. I am bringing my laptop along so if you have questions or comments, please respond. We should have a few days before the Florida ACD Citrus meet to visit our daughter, and friends in Florida. After the Citrus meet, we are also participating in an AACA tour in Florida, followed by a short weeks travel to the St. Louis ACD meet. After that meet we plan to head north, stopping at Red Oak, and on to look at an auction in Nebraska {Mike is looking for a 40+ hp, Brass era (1910-12) car}. After that our plans are a little sketchy. I planned to cut across on 34 through Rocky Mountain National Park to Yosemite and on to Redwood National Park. It will depend on the weather, and the auction... as will our return trip. We also have plans to look at cars in Utah and California. Our timetable is fairly loose, as is our route after St. Louis.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
04 Apr 2011 15:52 #19731 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
Again. Wow!

Joan and Mike, it's a good thing you don't have ten cars. Then you would [i:2nmo6tib]never[/i:2nmo6tib] be home!

Good luck.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
04 Apr 2011 19:26 #19732 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: driving ACD cars - auburn coast 2 coast 2011
Mike always says we need to have a winter so that he can have time to maintain his cars. We are gone much more than we are home when the weather is nice.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
04 Apr 2011 19:44 #19733 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic:
Or when the weather is not so nice.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

More
04 Apr 2011 20:48 #19734 by Justin Kerns
Justin Kerns replied the topic:
I for one would love to see your packing scheme for the Speedster. Not much room in that car!

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
05 Apr 2011 02:48 #19735 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: auburn coast 2 coast
Packing is complete except for my computer. My clothes are packed in plastic grocery bags inserted inside canvas tote bags (that were give aways from various tours) that I have equipped with velcro closures. Mike has a small duffle bag. We have each packed clothing for two cold days, and three warm days. We also have a small cosmetic bag. We plan to stop at the laundramats often. My coat has a removable fleece jacket with a water resistant over jacket. I also have gloves, a scarf and a winter and summer hat. Mike has his caps and gloves as well. His tools are packed in the back of the sparetire in the boattail.(hope we won't need them, because it will mean unloading everything to get to them.) Mike has a California raincover for Blackie as well as a tonneau cover. It is a tight squeeze to get everything in. Looks like we are leaving Tuesday afterall.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds