• Mike Dube
  • Mike Dube's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
10 Jun 2007 02:17 #7176 by Mike Dube
Mike Dube created the topic: 100K
Turned 100K tonight on the way to a cruise in. In the back of my mind, I was thinking about Josh having his Westchester turn over in Auburn a few years back. This would have meant not driving at all this year, so it wasn't in the cards.

Mike
8-100A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
More
10 Jun 2007 13:56 #7178 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
Congratulations, Mike.

Maybe we should form a 100K Club! Any other members out there? (Rules: you had to be driving the ACD car when it turned 100,000 miles.)

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

More
12 Jun 2007 12:29 #7187 by ilikescars
ilikescars replied the topic: 100K
I had the impression that these cars, from new, only managed about 60,000 miles before requiring a major engine overhaul. I guess that modern rebuilding techniques, along with modern oils and frequent oil changes has allowed the engines to last much longer. (Not to mention careful driving.)

Keep 'em on the road, fellas!

Mark

More
22 May 2008 02:56 #10169 by Ric Simpson
Ric Simpson replied the topic:
Hi! I drove my father's Cord over the 100k mark in 1956. I drove it another 50k before putting it in storage. I then drove my second Sedan about 150k after I put it on the road (1960-1967) The engine and transmission then went into my Phaeton, which I drove until 1981 using that engine, probably another 100k. The s/c engine, and 47/10 transmission have been in the Phaeton since 1981. I figure I have driven it about 100k too. It has been off the road since 2005 (June) and when I fired it up last week, it started on about the third turn! I haven't driven it yet, maiden test run for the refurbished car is set for July 25th. By the time I show up at Auburn, I will have probably driven 7500 miles. If it does that, I guess it will be ready to use regularly. If it doesn't, there will e one very humble Cord owner eating crow on 9th street. Ric.

Ric Simpson,
2001 Niagara Parkway,
Fort Erie, Ontario,
Canada. L2A 5M4

• Josh Malks
More
22 May 2008 03:24 #10170 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
Mike Dube, Ric Simpson and I are now official members of the 100K Klub. Any other applicants out there? Let's hear from you.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

More
22 May 2008 14:26 #10172 by Ric Simpson
Ric Simpson replied the topic:
As the Beloved, Benevolent, Dictator of the Kord Owners of Kanada (KOOKs) all members of the 100K Klub are offered HonoUrary Membership. Congratulations! BBD Ric.

Ric Simpson,
2001 Niagara Parkway,
Fort Erie, Ontario,
Canada. L2A 5M4

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds