Enclosed trailer height?

More
05 May 2007 12:01 #6976 by Pat Leahy
Pat Leahy replied the topic: Shop
My shop is 40' x 80' x 14' high. I have divided into a heated and insulated (soon to be air conditioned) area 30' x40' wih a two post lift and a center divider wall for a paint wash/booth on the other half. Each area is served by a 10' wide x 8' high door. The other 50' x 40' has a center door of 10' wide x 12' high and on both sides a 10' wide x 8' high door. This area also has a ceiling supported "u" shaped mezzanine for part storage. It seems like a lot of doors, but this allows you to fillup all of the space, but have access to most of your stuff. This area allows my to store 8+ cars plus open space in the shop area for resto work. The upper mezzanine storage with no post to floor has worked out great for me and allows me freedom to park cars in any fashion underneath. Remember the more usable room, the more treasures you can keep.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Justin Kerns
  • Justin Kerns's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
08 May 2007 03:56 #6989 by Justin Kerns
Justin Kerns replied the topic:
Thanks for the great input everyone! Turns out he can only do 12' ceiling so a 10' door it will be. Sounds like that should suffice for his needs. Would love to hear more input on a shop in general if you have it. For example, Pat what kind of lift do you have and how do you like it?

Thanks,
Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan

More
09 May 2007 12:47 #6992 by Pat Leahy
Pat Leahy replied the topic: Car Lift
I have a two post Bend Pack 9000# lift (got new for $500.00). I looked at drive on lifts and post lifts, but liked the open access under the car and wheel servicing aspect of the two post lift. If I had a choice I would buy an offset type post lift, which also better door protection.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds