Gasoline additives (lead)

• ilikescars
  • ilikescars's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
01 Nov 2007 00:03 #8552 by ilikescars
ilikescars replied the topic: Lead
After reading chapter in Josh's book regarding TEL, I'm convinced that using regular modern gas is the best way to go.
"Studies have shown that (gas without TEL) combustion chamber deposits have been reduced, used oils contain less acids, internal engine rusting has been reduced, and spark plugs and exhaust systems last much longer."

Seems like a no-brainer.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bill powell
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Nov 2007 00:57 #8554 by bill powell
bill powell replied the topic:
Just don't let that crap stay in your tank for very long and it will work great.

More
01 Nov 2007 01:32 #8556 by Mike Dube
Mike Dube replied the topic:
I agree with Bill on the avgas. As an airport bum, I changed a few sets of spark plugs in air-cooled Lycomings & Continentals. You could see the lead deposits from 100LL in the lower plugs. Aviation motor oil might be a thought too. The FAA doesn't allowing a lot of monkeying around with airplanes.

Those of us that live in the rust belt can't exercise the cars for months some winters. With a couple of old cars, a motorcycle and lawn & garden equipment , I'd rather stabilize fuel in the winter than chance it. For my money the Lucasoil fuel additive & stabilizer works a lot better than Stabil. I have seen Stabil go bad in its plastic container. I have had recent experience with the Lucasoil product actually improving fuel in a motorhome that had already started to turn.

Mike
8-100A

• bill powell
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Nov 2007 02:44 #8558 by bill powell
bill powell replied the topic:
I had to convince my airport that the cars were mostly garage queens, and were not a threat to the enviroment.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds