New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Tested: Driving with WoodLites

• Joel
  • Joel's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
07 Sep 2021 16:30 #43850 by Joel
Tested: Driving with WoodLites was created by Joel
The question of how usable are the aircraft styled Woodlites comes up every now and then. So I decided to test them and do a video of it so everybody can judge for themselves. I bought this car that has wood lights on it a couple years ago, but I have never driven it at night as of yet So here you have it!

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
File Attachment:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
07 Sep 2021 21:27 #43851 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Tested: Driving with WoodLites
Excellent video, Joel!! Thank you for sharing,and proving that Woodlites ain’t that bad in the dark.
CORDially, Tim.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
08 Sep 2021 03:48 #43854 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Tested: Driving with WoodLites
Hi Joel, the lights are quite bright. Did you have them on high beam or just low beam? I'm guessing but the focal point of the lights on the road looks to be too close to the car and may need adjusting.
You have a fabulous looking L29 it's a real GEM.
Videos like this are what we need to share. In the near future I hope to make one of my 810 Cord when it is running again.
Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

T cockerell

• Joel
  • Joel's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
22 Sep 2021 21:45 #43927 by Joel
Replied by Joel on topic Tested: Driving with WoodLites
Terry,
I had them on high. They were dim, and it was hit and miss as to whether they would even come on when I turned the switch. So I took the switch apart and cleaned it up good and built up the eroded contacts with solder. After I put the switch back together, the low beam didn't work. I dind't take it apart again for fear of breaking off the retainer tabs. I agree, they could use a little aiming.

I'm glad you guys like the video, it was fun to make.

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds