• Brian R. Peterson
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
10 May 2019 20:14 #37180 by Brian R. Peterson
Prototype L-29 was created by Brian R. Peterson
Hi,

I have some questions about the prototype L-29 car/s that I can't seem to resolve online, as all search queries regarding L-29, Cord, and prototype all keep pointing me to the 1931 Speedster or the 1932 E-1.

From what I understand, the L-29 prototype was built and ready for testing circa 1927, and wore a four door LaGrande body - I've managed to locate an original drawing and the solitary photograph of the car that seems to exist, but from there, I have nothing.

What happened to the car?

I would think it would have been regarded as being just as historically important as the Duesenberg Model Y and the 1935 Cord 810s, however this does not appear to be the case, as I am presuming the car no longer exists. However, once again, I am frustrated by the lack of details on when it was built, when it was used, and when it was retired, scrapped, lost etc.

If anyone can assist with these details, and any other photos of the car itself, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

~ Brian

When asked his opinion on the racing cars built by W.O. Bentley, Ettore Bugatti remarked "Le camion plus vite du monde!" ("He builds the world's fastest lorries!")
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.