Skip to main content

How tall is the L-29 Potter Trunk?

• John T. Meredith
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 Nov 2004 15:51 #2492 by John T. Meredith
Replied by John T. Meredith on topic L-29 Potter Trunk
Hi Ken,

The trunk I have fits the rack at 18 inches in depth. It isn't curved and as I recall from Dick Tetter's and Dick Greene's L-29, the trunk isn't curved. It is a pretty rusted and will need rebuilding. Also, I thought Dick Tetter's trunk had a removable self or tray in it.

May be Dick Greene will have the answer to this question. I'll send you the measurements of the trunk I have. I am at work now and will need to send these in a separate email.

Thanks!--John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
17 Nov 2004 02:21 #2489 by
Replied by on topic L-29 Trunk
John
I do have an original unrestored Potters trunk, that I can and will send the measurements and a picture or two. But, you will see that the Sedan will not take the trunk, all the way on the rack, because the body is the longest of any L-29. So this is where I have the big question?? Did the Sedan have a regular trunk that did not fit the rack, or did the Sedan have a custom built trunk with a curved back side to match up with the body.
Ken Clark

• John T. Meredith
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 Nov 2004 14:04 #2483 by John T. Meredith
How tall is the L-29 Potter Trunk? was created by John T. Meredith
How tall is the Potter trunk that goes on the back of the Cord L-29? I have a Potter trunk, but I was told at one time the height is only 18 inches! That seems a bit short to me as I have one that fits on the trunk rack but is taller. Also, is there anyone that can send a good quality photo of the inside of an original L-29 Potter Trunk? Thanks, John

PS: My son and I are having a blast with working on the L-29. It is truly one of the most beautiful cars built!