• memaerobilia
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
06 Feb 2012 21:51 #22122 by memaerobilia
Replied by memaerobilia on topic L-29 Ad Specific to St. Louis
Hi Tom;
i sent you a Private message with an offer for sale of the Original program, which also has a second/different full page illustrated Cord L-29 ad with prices of the various models etc.
I also offered to email/send you a high res scan of Just the St. Louis ad, at no fee, if you don't want the original program.

Joe G.
hundreds of our early photos or planes, racecars, customs classics @ www.memaerobilia.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
19 Jan 2012 20:10 #21951 by
Replied by on topic L-29 Ad Specific to St. Louis
I have an l-29 and I live in St Louis. Would be nice to hang in my shop. What do you want for it?

Thomas Quick

• memaerobilia
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
11 Dec 2011 16:33 #21613 by memaerobilia
L-29 Ad Specific to St. Louis was created by memaerobilia
Here is an original L-29 full page ad, tailored specifically to St. Louis, International Aircraft Expostion, in Feb 1930.
This ad is ONE of the full page Cord ads in the 40 page program for the International Aircraft Exposition, Feb 18-23, 1930 at the St. Louis Arena.

The ad states: "The CORD FRONT DRIVE is as far ahead of ordinary automobiles as AVIATION is ahead of ordinary transportation." and mentions other Cord owners and information available in St. Louis. Each night of the Aircraft Expostion, at the rather late hour of 10PM, there was a
"transportation pageant and extravaganza" and the Cord Motor company was one of those acknowledged for their "modern transportation exhibits."
This major show (in the Depression Era) was another of the extravaganzas run by Cliff Henderson (manager of The National Air Races from 1929-39, and various aircraft and auto and boat expositions, all across the U.S.) who had a long and strong relationship with E.L Cord. Henderson having owned and used dozens of Cords (most of the Cord models made) and numerous Auburns, as his vehicle of choice, and for VIPS and parades, during most of those years. When Cord sold his stock and retired, he re-invested in the famous Pan Pacific Auditorium, in L.A., also to be managed by Henderson and his brother Phil.

Joe G.
hundreds of our early photos or planes, racecars, customs classics @ www.memaerobilia.com