Skip to main content

Point Synchronizing Tool

More
29 Jul 2010 12:42 #17418 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic Point Synchronizing Tool
Hello Bob:
The original point synchronization tools from the 1930's are out there, but they are so scarce that the price is quite high when you find a complete one. I collect these tools and still use one when tuning up my 1932 Auburn.

The tool that the Auburn Automobile Company recommended and sold through their parts supply channels was the Winn Synchrometer. These synchronization tools were made by several companies, however, and I have tools made by Mo-Gil-Ner, Bear, Niehoff, Allen, and Ballou as well as three different variations of the Winn. They will all get the job done, but the Winn is the best quality.

I would be happy to synchronize points, at no charge, for anyone in the club, but I am in Evansville, Indiana and I don't want to be responsible for shipping and or temporary possession of someone's distributor. You would have to bring your distributor by the house and wait for it. There is no extra charge if you watch.

Best regards,
Steve Stevens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
29 Jun 2010 09:23 #17173 by
Replied by on topic points
Find somebody with a sunnen distributor machine. These point must be in sinc
I have one.
K Clark

• mdsbob
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Jun 2010 00:47 #17159 by mdsbob
Point Synchronizing Tool was created by mdsbob
The L-29 Service Manual lists a tool and procedure for synchronizing the points on an L-29. Is this tool available as a reproduction or close facsimile?
Or, is their an alternate method for doing this?

Thanks,
Bob