Skip to main content

L-29 's with duesenberg insturments

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 Jan 2010 15:55 #15665 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic L-29 's with duesenberg insturments
OK, then, are there are any other L-29-specific factors to affect driveability?

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
23 Jan 2010 13:20 #15664 by
Replied by on topic Steering
It always depends on how well the car steering box is rebuilt and the tire pressure on any old car.
Mt 2 Cents
K Clark

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 Jan 2010 03:09 #15661 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic Re: L-29 Driving

K Clark wrote: Mason
I can say I have driven quite a few L-29's. Also have worked on a few. I have learned that there are 2 different steering cars. One steers like a very heavy car and the other like a very light car. Obviously there is a difference between the Cabriolet and the Sedan, but I have driven both with the light steering and the heavy steering.
There is another Cabriolet at the AACA Museum that was restored by Pruett Restoration in Pa, that also has the same slanted windshield as mine
I should ask them for the numbers to see how close the numbers are to mine.
K Clark

I was told a while ago that on a J, the steering feel depends on how well the steering box has been taken care of, and/or restored, plus tire pressures, etc. Is it the same with the L-29, or does it just vary from car to car? "Individual temperament" haha.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• Visitor
22 Jan 2010 23:19 #15655 by
Replied by on topic L-29 Driving
Mason
I can say I have driven quite a few L-29's. Also have worked on a few. I have learned that there are 2 different steering cars. One steers like a very heavy car and the other like a very light car. Obviously there is a difference between the Cabriolet and the Sedan, but I have driven both with the light steering and the heavy steering.
There is another Cabriolet at the AACA Museum that was restored by Pruett Restoration in Pa, that also has the same slanted windshield as mine
I should ask them for the numbers to see how close the numbers are to mine.
K Clark

• mason maynard
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 Jan 2010 22:26 #15654 by mason maynard
L-29 's with duesenberg insturments was created by mason maynard
I have heard of L-29s with J duesenberg insturments. shawn merriman was suposed to own one.
many years ago, when i was 10 years old or so i read in a old mechanics illustrated,(probably from the 1946-1950 era) a road test on an L-29 that had J gauges. as i recall it said the factory built 2 cars that way. (give me a break here guys, i have a good memory but...& i'm also a lifelong car nut...)
did they build any?
next comment:L-29 driveability: i've driven 1 L-29; Bob Agles old car. i loved it. perhaps my excitement contaminated my senses; or as i have been told, Bob's car was one of the best.
I was told years later that Agles's car had the 322" engine, and had a different sterring gear ratio; and is one of the best driving L-29's .