Skip to main content

Gauges and sending unit repair

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
01 Jul 2022 03:59 #45605 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Gauges and sending unit repair
I agree with you Curt, but my gas sending unit was within a couple weeks. If anyone uses them get a estimate on delivery date. I had two amp. gauges that took over a year but that was 18 years ago.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
01 Jul 2022 00:00 #45603 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Gauges and sending unit repair
Mike, at our age we wouldn't live long enouth to get the parts back. I know a guy that waited 4 years, he finely sold the car........ Just sayin

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
26 Jun 2022 21:44 #45596 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Gauges and sending unit repair
Try John Wolf and Co. at 440-942-0083, antiqueinstrument.com They did a sending unit for my Marmon 16 and had all the infcormation about the ohms required etc. If you solder the wires back together you will have to be very good because the wires are a very small gauge and the solder will probably change the ohms.
CORDiallyt Mike

Mike Huffman
The following user(s) said Thank You: rickekd

• rickekd
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
26 Jun 2022 16:29 #45595 by rickekd
Gauges and sending unit repair was created by rickekd
Hi All,
I am just finishing up on my frame fleshing up and getting ready to put the gas tank back in. While I had everything out I removed the gas gauge and checked it out for function and found it doesn't read any resistance or continuity. I went ahead and removed the cover rivets and checked it internally and I get continuity across the windings about half way on of one terminal and a little less than half way on the second terminal. I think I found two wires that are burnt on one end of the wiper coil so I am guessing at some point there was a short. My next step is to solder the wires back together and see what happens. If this fails dose anyone have a suggestion of someone that dose sending unit repair or one that I can get to replace this one. As it is all the way under the car it is not likely to get noticed if it is something new. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Kory