New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Rebuild parts and numbers?

• rickekd
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
14 Jan 2022 18:08 #44654 by rickekd
Rebuild parts and numbers? was created by rickekd
Ok, while I have been a ACD member for a few years I haven't been a big forum user. Mostly I dig through and read up on what I want to know and move on. Now I am getting my L-29 ready for this years Meet in Auburn it has been setting patiently for the last four years since I drug it home for me to get to it.
So now I am looking for part numbers and sources for my L-29 gaskets and brakes.

I need to rebuild the brakes, drop the oil pan and replace the gasket, probably pull the head and check out the rings, bearings and valves while I am at it. Also the tranny is leaking from the front dif cover and possibly the input shaft.

So I need:
oil pan gasket
valve side plate gasket
water side plate gasket
wheel cylinder kits
head gasket
differential cover gasket
update advice on valves and seats (might as well do them while I am there)
rebuild kit for carb
rebuild water pump
And probably a bunch of stuff I am not aware of yet.

I attached a couple of photos one of the car and another of the S/N and engine no.
Thanks for any input you folks can give.
Kory
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2022 23:58 #44655 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Rebuild parts and numbers?
Contact Ken Clark in Maine. He is in the ACD directory. He is a L-29 guy.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
15 Jan 2022 05:19 - 15 Jan 2022 05:20 #44656 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Rebuild parts and numbers?
I don't know how handy you are but I make my own gaskets except the head gasket which can be bought from Olsons Gaskets. The wheel Cyl. and master cyl. will probably need to be sleaved. There are many places that do that. The pistons in the wheel cyl. are Alum and sometimes are so corroded they need to be replaced. Make sure who ever you send the wheel Cyl. to to sleave them has new pistons. I have had them say they did and when I got them back they used the old pistons. I don't know of any one making carb. kits. Not many gaskets in carb. Water pump is just a matter of replacing the shaft and the bronze bushing. I machine the gland nut for a oil seal instead of using packing. As Curt said Ken Clark can probably help you with all of this.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman
Last edit: 15 Jan 2022 05:20 by mikespeed35.

• rickekd
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
15 Jan 2022 14:17 #44658 by rickekd
Replied by rickekd on topic Rebuild parts and numbers?
Mike thanks for the reply. I do most of my own machine work so a new WP shaft wont be a problem. What seal number do you use for the water pump gland nuts?
Ken is my next stop on my parts search.
Thanks Kory

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
16 Jan 2022 06:18 #44668 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Rebuild parts and numbers?
The seals I use are National 470954 and the bushing can be gotten at McMaster Carr. Be sure and put some water pump grease behind each seal to lub. the lip and blue Loctite on the gland threads or water will leak by the threads since there is no packing used. Hope this helps.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• rickekd
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
16 Jan 2022 11:55 #44670 by rickekd
Replied by rickekd on topic Rebuild parts and numbers?
Mike, Thanks a lot this will save a lot of time on the internet looking at seal specks.
Kory

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds