New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

for the love of cords

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
14 Apr 2020 21:23 - 14 Apr 2020 21:26 #39951 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic for the love of cords
Steve, I have no idea who fitted the larger trunk. It is not a job that most people would tackle. It looks very professional. I have also seen pictures of another Cord fitted with the back half of a Lincoln Zephyr body again another pretty extreme project. Perhaps they were done "For The Love Of Cords?"
A few years ago I came across the attached pictures on the Internet which were listed as being a 1940 Hupmobile hand made prototype.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 21:26 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
15 Apr 2020 12:35 #39952 by STEVEN.KUIPER
Replied by STEVEN.KUIPER on topic for the love of cords
it only took me a minute to find this vintage photo as, i thought i had seen it before.
Attachments:

• Terry Cockerell
More
15 Apr 2020 22:31 #39957 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic for the love of cords
Steve, it is similar but not the same grill. The louvers are inverted in your picture and the panel below the front of the grill is not open.

T cockerell

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
16 Apr 2020 12:52 #39959 by STEVEN.KUIPER
Replied by STEVEN.KUIPER on topic for the love of cords
i know that. but it does show cars were mocked up with the cord front before production started.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds