New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

for the love of cords

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
13 Apr 2020 13:19 #39931 by STEVEN.KUIPER
Replied by STEVEN.KUIPER on topic for the love of cords
less successful. said to be a cord ambulance. which look a lot like the "limousine" posted earlier. a super capacity interior. and what appear to have been a drive-able cord with the super capacity trunk option. a traveling salesmans'. the song..."i like big butts" might go with that one.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2020 15:35 #39933 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic for the love of cords
Ron Irwin told me that the first fifty or sixty Grahams and Hupps had the wipers up top like a Cord this car has wipers below like a production car . R

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
14 Apr 2020 10:57 - 14 Apr 2020 10:58 #39946 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic for the love of cords
Steve I wonder if the Cord with the large trunk has survived and who made it?
Attached is a picture of a similar Cord in the Brockman Collection.
It may possibly be the same car with further hood vent modifications?

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 10:58 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding picture

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
14 Apr 2020 12:44 #39947 by STEVEN.KUIPER
my picture of the "big butt cord" was gleaned off the internet a few years back so, i think it has survived. i don't have any notes as to the location. was that a factory modification?
additionally, the ambulance/hearse has survived too. on page 1 is a photo gleaned of the internet within the last few years. if i remember correctly on that one...... it is in south america. was there more than one cord hearse?

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
14 Apr 2020 12:59 #39948 by STEVEN.KUIPER
randy, on the hupp/graham "proto-type" wasn't the cord front-end dropped entirely before production began? maybe there was some debate as to wiper placement?
on the pictured car the cord hood looks to be integrated very well into the rest of body. much better done than amateur work.

More
14 Apr 2020 18:11 #39950 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic for the love of cords
steven . No Graham or Hupp was ever built with a Cord front end on it from the factory. And the &pass sedan in south America is all new

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds