• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
07 May 2016 08:31 #31046 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Re: Sheet 6 Picture No JBA 307
Hello Jonathan.
Thanks for your kind comments. I called in to see Ron Irwin while my wife and granddaughter were in Disneyland. It was our last stop before we came home. Thank God for GPS although I only had about 20 miles to go to visit Ron. I handed him a copy of the complete history of my Cord which a number of people have commented on as possibly being the most detailed history of any 810 812 cord in the world. I believe I was extremely lucky to have made the contacts that I did. I will see if I can attach it otherwise I will email you a copy with some pictures.
Cheers,
Terry Cockerell

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jonathan Richards
  • Registered
More
07 May 2016 04:21 #31045 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic Re: Sheet 6 Picture No JBA 307
Mr. Cockerell,
What a wonderful story of another deciphering of Cord history. The Jim Brockman collection of photos , which appears on our ACD Club Website , remains a marvelous source of automotive history and is filled with clues from the past.
Thanks for filling us in on your story. Your car 1586A is properly listed in the Master Cord List of our Cord 810/812 historian Ron Irwin.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
05 May 2016 09:32 #31043 by Terry Cockerell
Sheet 6 Picture No JBA 307 was created by Terry Cockerell
The two tone coloured Cord ( grey with dark blue fenders ) in the picture is 810 Serial No 1586A. This car was originally sold in Canada April 9th 1936 to Amos Mason of Acton, Ontario. The picture was taken during the second Auburn Reunion September 1957 in 9th Street. I have another picture taken on the same day by Sid Ayres showing the front of the car with Gordon Buehrig standing next to it. This picture is pure GOLD to me. I am the current custodian of the Cord here in Australia. Last year I was able to uncover the complete ownership history of the car based on work done by Jim Brockman. It is astounding what is out there waiting to be tapped into. The owner /driver of the car in 1957 was William Horning of Waterdown, Ontario. A few weeks before the Auburn event he had driven the car on a Classic Car Club of America Caravan 1957. I stumbled onto a You Tube video of the event where you see the two tone Cord a number of times.
In a recent Newsletter Bill Bicknell had a letter written by Gordon Buehrig dated october 1st 1957 published. The letter had been sent to Sid Ayres in appreciation of the picture taken by Sid. The dates tie in perfectly. Bill Bicknell sent me a copy of the letter to go with the picture in my gallery.
It is just astonishing what you can find and I am half way around the world from where things took place.
CORDially acCORDing to the CORDite from Down Under, Terry Cockerell.

T cockerell
Attachments: