New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Ebay Wheel Covers

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
10 May 2020 21:48 #40143 by 1748 S
Ebay Wheel Covers was created by 1748 S
I found these today surfing ebay. I'm told nobody is making or selling them.... I have NOT contacted Stan about this. These need some help. But they are better than nothing. I do not need them nor do I know the seller. Enjoy...

1936 1937 1935? 1938? CORD 810 812 Automobile HUBCAP ‘s SET of ( 4 ) Rare Find!*
Completed

Gary Parsons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2020 23:01 #40144 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Ebay Wheel Covers
Looks rough and also look like they are the high dome original caps for heavy duty rims.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, 1748 S

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
12 May 2020 18:41 #40159 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Ebay Wheel Covers
Gary, you can actually buy very nice ones from Doug Pray. Unchromed, but well made. I recently bought some.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
12 May 2020 21:25 #40160 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Ebay Wheel Covers
Thank you Wyn for sharing this information. I have only seen one supposedly made thru Felix. It did not hae any internal fastening ring installed but it was with what I saw. I'm not sure if it was the third or forth type made. I do have a nice set of repros that are chromed very well and a set of the non vented covers made sometime in the mid 1950's by Dallas.... Not sure what I will do with them. I believe the early 35 or 36 prototypes had the non vented covers. But the 36 had built show cars all had the vented type everyone wants...

Gary Parsons

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
12 May 2020 22:07 #40162 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Ebay Wheel Covers
I have a set of originals and I really can't tell the difference with the ones recently made by ACD Factory. Mine are at the chromer's now or I would send you a photo.

More
12 May 2020 22:30 #40163 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Ebay Wheel Covers
One of the things you have to check on reproduction hup caps is that when you line up the depression or cut out that goes around the valve stem, that the punched holes on wheel cover line up correctly with the vent holes in the rim. On some of the repro hup caps the holes were not in sync. I don’t recall who made those caps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds