New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Cord Head Light Switch

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
17 Mar 2020 18:34 #39740 by 1748 S
Cord Head Light Switch was created by 1748 S
This is the auburn Cord head light switch contact piece in many switches of the vintage. Can ANYONE tell me what the brown material is named? It appears to be a non conductive resin impregnated fiber board. Its 3/32 inch thick. I am trying to repair this switch. Mcmaster Carr sells the brass and copper rivets and a non arcing fiber board but am not sure I know if it correct. There part number is 8549K43. Thanks for any help.
Gary
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2020 16:17 #39786 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Cord Head Light Switch
phenolic resin

JMM
The following user(s) said Thank You: balinwire

More
22 Mar 2020 16:20 #39787 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Cord Head Light Switch
Also, time to add a few extra wires into your harness and put a relay into system - perhaps hide it under dash if you are doing a high point car. You can find original switches on ebay - they fit some other cars of 30's albeit take minor adaption - and a good anything in one will probably be over $100.00

JMM

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds