New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Spark plug color confusion; mine

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
08 Feb 2020 05:16 #39468 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Spark plug color confusion; mine
I have had Maroon spark plug wires I bought at auction. Sold them to Cord owner.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2020 14:57 - 21 Feb 2020 14:32 #39469 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Spark plug color confusion; mine
This is the Best of Show car at ACD Festival for 2019. If it had been my project, I probably would have gone Shiny Black wire from Brillman and I always have them professionally install the ends - also have them add a few inches extra and I clip off excess myself. brillman.com/product/7mm-cotton-braided-spark-plug-wire/

JMM
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Feb 2020 14:32 by johnmereness.

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
16 Feb 2020 22:14 #39517 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Spark plug color confusion; mine
Under the current 810/812 Cord judging standards, only black or maroon spark plug wires are acceptable.
Tim Gilmartin
Cord Judging Coordinator
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

More
21 Feb 2020 14:35 #39540 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Spark plug color confusion; mine
As a sidenote: I always use my voltmeter to test continuity of the wires through the terminals in the cap - you would be surprised at the trouble I and other people have also had with bad continuity though spikes in cap. Also, I have had a few NOS caps that the brass looks perfect, but they must have had some sort of clear coating on them to prevent corrosion (and it works), but I have had to sand all the brass pins to get continuity.

JMM
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

More
21 Feb 2020 15:25 #39542 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Spark plug color confusion; mine
Good Information on the spike to wire continuity. I certainly will be checking this.

Gary Parsons

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds