Skip to main content

Rhode Island Wiring Service

More
17 Dec 2021 15:21 #44486 by [email protected]
Update on this item as I just ordered from Rhode Island Wiring for the first time a couple days ago. The wiring shift harness comes standard now as a single piece and if a user wants to split it they will have to cut it in half themselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Jan 2020 19:16 #39382 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Rhode Island Wiring Service
Shift harness ordered today. Am on the list with several others in the club for this modified part. The modification fee was VERY MODEST too. Its about the standard 4 to 6 weeks wit but that's no problem.
Jim you generous part number was no help.Marsha told me it was a shortened shift harness for a right hand drive car. My car is left hand drive so it will be normal length. If it turns out to be too long its easier to remove than to replace wire. They did not know of Henry Portz nor could they say they made harness parts for him. They did say they apply the wrap on the harness for many owner supplied harness pieces so maybe that's what Henry did. I know his harness loom had a blue thread woven into it so he could identify his at any time.

Gary Parsons

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Jan 2020 16:59 #39378 by 1748 S

JIM.OBRIEN wrote: Gary, Their part number for the single piece shift harness is 0222 0528-C66185
I had then make these up several times and they gave me a part number to order them.

Great extra information Jim. I have not ordered this harness yet but sure need to get to it. I will use your supplied part number and see how that works. When looking at their web site all you get is a number 1 thru 14 and a description of what it is. No part number like you have provided.

Gary Parsons

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Jan 2020 16:07 #39375 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Rhode Island Wiring Service
Gary, Their part number for the single piece shift harness is 0222 0528-C66185
I had then make these up several times and they gave me a part number to order them.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Jan 2020 20:27 #39359 by 1748 S
Thanks for this information coming so quickly too. I will be ordering it today or tomorrow.

Gary Parsons

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
21 Jan 2020 19:24 #39354 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Rhode Island Wiring Service
I just ordered this from them, so they will know when you tell them what you want. They charge the price for both separate harnesses, plus a modification fee.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Jan 2020 17:58 #39352 by 1748 S
Rhode Island Wiring Service was created by 1748 S
Am planning to order the ten wire shift harness from the steering column finger selector switch down to the transmission. Now normally they are a two piece harness with the ten pin plug found on the bottom of the drivers side foot panel. I want this harness built as a one piece so I do NOT have the 40 possible opportunities for a short causing untold electrical issues with shifting and more.
Has anyone ordered this harness? If so do you just tell them please make it as one piece? I suppose they are up to speed on this but... Just wanted to know ahead of time in case I have to tell them a code or password to get what I want. If you look at the Rhode Island list of harness pieces the parts I'm wondering about are items 6 & 7. I already have everything from 8 thru 14 in my shop.
Thanks.

Gary Parsons