Skip to main content

Original Interior Carpet Detail photos - Not to put Terry Cockerell on spot :)

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
11 Jan 2020 19:24 - 11 Jan 2020 19:29 #39247 by johnmereness
As to Rick's business, it is a shame that he died and I have not heard a word (he actually could make some Auburn interiors too, plus L-29 and ....). Hopefully, something comes of his patterns and ...., but considering whoever would be interested must also be a "Master Upholsterer", the outcome does not look promising.

JMM
Last edit: 11 Jan 2020 19:29 by johnmereness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2020 04:13 #39234 by VLM
Hi John. I was speaking with Rick shortly before his death about new trunk kits that he was putting together. He was getting the edging specially made to match the most common color combinations used in Cords. He had been working on them for quite some time. The price on them was $1800. I don't think that he could have sold very many as it seemed like he had just gotten all of the colors completed. From the description of the Elliot Cord, it seemed that the interior was from a kit that Rick had made a decade or so ago.

• john mccall
  • Registered
More
11 Jan 2020 04:05 #39233 by john mccall
The pics posted by J. Mereness of the supercharged Winchester that was just sold today on BAT are a kit reportedly made by Rick. Since it looks like the 1980's kit that I installed in my phaeton which came from Rick, I have to believe that the statement made with the Winchester's description is true.
Rick 's materials varied somewhat with time as some materials became no longer available and he had to go to a different supplier.
His emails and phone calls to me early last year indicated for instance that the binding used on the edge of the carpet varied with times well as the basic jute/burlap that was the material used on the sides and front of the trunk.

More
10 Jan 2020 20:38 #39227 by VLM
Does anybody on the forum have a picture of the truck kits that Rick Hulett was working on? Does anybody know if his kits have continued to be sold since his passing?

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
06 Jan 2020 11:02 - 06 Jan 2020 11:05 #39189 by Terry Cockerell
John, I have not posted any pictures of the carpet from the interior of my car. I think the rear carpet may be original but the front had either been repaired or replaced. The carpet panels are in storage in the garage. We are going away for a week. So I will dig them out when return and get some pictures posted for you.
My Westchester which is called The Actonite Cord is cadet grey with a dark blue interior.

T cockerell
Last edit: 06 Jan 2020 11:05 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding text
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnmereness

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2020 17:58 #39180 by johnmereness

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2020 17:50 - 05 Jan 2020 17:50 #39179 by johnmereness
Actually, Terry this may just be a photo in your collection verses your car - it is a car worth noting though.

JMM
Last edit: 05 Jan 2020 17:50 by johnmereness.

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2020 17:26 #39175 by johnmereness
Actually, I was hoping for interior carpet - I was quick to spot you had exceptional original carpet in your car's interior ! I will update the trunk Upholstery page with your post though - very much appreciated.

JMM

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2020 01:12 - 05 Jan 2020 01:18 #39172 by Terry Cockerell
John, I am assuming that you are referring to the trunk carpet?
Actually there was none in the trunk when I purchased the car. The only lining material in the trunk was inside the trunk lid.
I had reference sketches from two sources. One showed a long strip of the striped material under the jack shaft while the other showed the striped material following the line of the trunk opening. I opted for the latter as it looks better however I put the edge of the material under the adjacent cover plate just to hold it in place. The carpets were made in separate pieces and edged all round.

T cockerell
Last edit: 05 Jan 2020 01:18 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures.

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2020 00:02 - 05 Jan 2020 17:49 #39170 by johnmereness
Original Carpet Detail photos - Not to put Terry Cockerell on the spot :) I saw Terry posted a few photos and I would love to see photo details of his original floor carpet.

JMM
Last edit: 05 Jan 2020 17:49 by johnmereness.