New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Cord headlight lens mishap - Anyone make replacements?

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
05 Dec 2019 16:04 #38985 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Cord headlight lens mishap - Anyone make replacements?
Michael: Please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I may be able to help.
Tim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
06 Dec 2019 05:35 #38989 by mikespeed35
The gentleman in the film having the parts made is from Grand Rapids MI.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

More
11 Jan 2020 04:45 #39236 by VLM
A friend of mine just manufactured the square and round lens covers in glass for the Studebaker Avanti. This one wouldn't be all that difficult for him to make. Anybody have an idea of the demand? They would be more like $100 rather than $1000 if he did it. Can anyone post a picture of the reflector set? I have five Cord sedans yet have never seen the Riteway lamps. Everybody must have swapped them out for seal beams pretty quickly after they were released. I wonder if one of the H4 bulbs used in my Saab 96s could be adapted into a new reflector to allow the old glass lens' to perform better than the seal beams?

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
11 Jan 2020 17:25 #39242 by mikespeed35
Are H4 bulbs halogen? If so what about the heat?
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

More
11 Jan 2020 19:05 #39245 by VLM
They can be halogen or LED. Heat does not seem to be an issue on the Saab halogen headlights and the space if fairly airtight. They are 55/60 watt bulbs. I'm not sure how they dissipate the heat.

More
11 Jan 2020 21:58 #39252 by xjn001
Halogen Bulbs--- I used halogen bulbs with the wattage 50/60 in an original 1936 Auburn headlamp without any trouble. Perhaps the higher wattage bulbs would produce too much heat. Mine were okay but did have to modify the reflector. My car was a replica wi l parts.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds