Fuel Pump Pushrod

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
20 Oct 2019 18:28 #38638 by 1748 S
Fuel Pump Pushrod was created by 1748 S
Yesterday I felt like "opening up" the mechanical pushrod That causes the fuel pump to actually pump gas. Very interesting piece as the pictures show. Almost too complex for what it does.The piece fits into the topof the intake manifold and runs off the cam excentric. At the bottom of the tube is a brass wear item but I see nothing near the top. Getting the retaining clip off the pushrod was difficult to do.Even when I had it on the bench I installed the clip so as not to loose it.But trying to remove it for pictures again was tuff to say the least.This item has three needed gaskets. It appears my Dad made the gasket between the pump and the housing because of the material and how it barely covered what it needed to cover. It surely would have leaked after running warmed up down the road. I did find the manual grease cup housing almost full of new grease.Not sure if I did that back in the mid 1965 time line or dad may have done it in early 1961 when he made this engine from two engines that came with the car. I have a signed bill of sale for the original engine block dated 1961.Dad paid $10.00 for it...Today $10.00 wont buy two gallons of gas... Enjoy the pictures and if you plan to take this apart just remember its "different"...
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnmereness

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.