810 trunk interior

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
07 Nov 2019 22:28 #38812 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 810 trunk interior
Hi Wyn.
From my understanding the Factory was focused on producing sedans during the early stage of production consequently a cabriolet with a low Serial Number would have been a real anomaly.
Both of your cars are "later " in the production run and both have the fine line trunk lining pattern which is consistent with what we know.

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2019 03:50 #38813 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic 810 trunk interior
I reviewed my notes and emails from Rick Hulett. One email had 2 pics of the 2 different trunk materials used. The statement that Rick made relative to the materials was that the first material was used on 1936/1937 production cars. It was a jute backed burlap where the jute was needled to the burlap, which was ironed and printed with black lines. This time period would include all 810's and most of the 812's.
The second material was used on the late 1937 cars and was probably necessary because they ran out of the first batch and had to do a small batch print. This material would have been on the late 812's.
The pic's of the samples are small and are not relative to a scale to allow counting lines per inch although it is not obvious that there is a variation in number of lines per inch.
810 2489F is relatively close to the end of 810 production, but was before any true 812 production, falling into the middle of what Rick described as 36/37 production. 812 310112 is relatively close to the end of 812 production, and could be considered a late 37 in Rick's terminology. They both have the same line spacing.
Question: In person, up close, do the materials appear to be from the same source, as well as having the same no. of lines per inch?

More
10 Nov 2019 13:44 #38820 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 810 trunk interior
John McCall - could you please post your picture or send to me for posting This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ?

JMM

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
11 Nov 2019 12:55 #38825 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic 810 trunk interior
Question: In person, up close, do the materials appear to be from the same source, as well as having the same no. of lines per inch?
Answer: Yes, I would say they are from the same source. There is a very slight difference in the line spacing, but the jute backing, total thickness and the weave of burlap seem to be nearly identical in both samples.

More
11 Nov 2019 15:06 - 11 Nov 2019 15:10 #38826 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 810 trunk interior
John McCall forwarded his photo for posting on his behalf:

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

JMM
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Nov 2019 15:10 by johnmereness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• wcoye
  • wcoye's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
11 Nov 2019 16:58 #38829 by wcoye
Replied by wcoye on topic 810 trunk interior
Is this a fairly tightly woven burlap? Trying to figure out if I could successfully draw lines , (ala Terry Cockerell ) on burlap or paint tightly woven a burlap color like Terry did and draw the lines. One major plus to painting the fabric is it will seal the fabric and give it more body.

Bill Coye
Westchester 2240A
Brag line: Winner of the
2014 Hillsborough Concurs Strother MacMinn award

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds