New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

810 trunk interior

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
03 Nov 2019 21:25 #38777 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 810 trunk interior
Hi Tim, contributions are the key here. Quite a while ago I made contact with Mary Kileen ( I think I have the spelling right however she is not listed in the Directory) and she sent me a copy of the details on how to set up the petrol door area on a Cord. The details are extensive and quite precise.
Have other areas in Cords been covered with similar restoration guidelines?
If yes, how can they be accessed by the members?

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
03 Nov 2019 23:20 #38778 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic 810 trunk interior
Terry: Mary is listed with her husband, Tom Dudley in Michigan. She wanted to start a restoration manual for 810/812 Cords, but it never got off the ground. I remember seeing something in regard to the gas tank fill area years ago.
Best to contact her and maybe it can be posted here.
I have to give a shout out to Mark Tomei and Allan McCrary (and many others) for all their hard work on the new restoration standards for all three Marques.
Tim.

More
04 Nov 2019 00:17 #38779 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 810 trunk interior
Tim, I have to agree with you on the way we view restored cars today.Many years back I was so disappointed to learn having a car judged you never got to see where you was marked down. How can an owner bring a car to the best restored standard if they have no idea what or where to improve. I take my hat off to the many hard working club members that have worked tireless hours to bring about these welcomed changes.I really enjoyed watching, listening and asking questions at the recent west coast meet where you mock judged Randy's Beverly. Sadly I should have videoed it.

Gary Parsons

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
05 Nov 2019 14:07 #38788 by STEVEN.KUIPER
Replied by STEVEN.KUIPER on topic 810 trunk interior
i've done quite a few building projects over the years.... almost exclusively on homes over 100 years old. one particular story might have some relevance here. the plumbing and heating inspector comes in to look over a newly installed furnace and duct work. he says" i'll never pass this till you fix the problems." and leaves. the furnace guys ( who had 30 years experience) scratch their heads look the job over and change a couple things. inspector comes back. same comment. they try a couple different things. same comment. finally they ask the inspector what he wants? he says, " i'm not here to do your job for you." after more trial & error they finally made him happy. wouldn't it have been more efficient if he had told them what was "wrong" on the first trip. that would have saved him 5 more trips to that job site.
if a given car clubs goal is to preserve & improve the remaining vehicles out there....we should provide as much help as is feasible to forward that goal. not all of us are interested in making a show car. however, i think most would like to raise the authenticity of the car they have. anything the club car do along those lines will have long term benefits to the body of remaining vehicles ...which will probably out live us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• wcoye
  • wcoye's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
05 Nov 2019 14:59 #38789 by wcoye
Replied by wcoye on topic 810 trunk interior
Strongly agreed!

Bill Coye
Westchester 2240A
Brag line: Winner of the
2014 Hillsborough Concurs Strother MacMinn award

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
06 Nov 2019 04:48 #38794 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic 810 trunk interior
The inspectors around here get paid for each visit! Now you know the answer.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds