New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

810 trunk interior

More
25 Oct 2019 20:19 #38692 by Michael R
Replied by Michael R on topic 810 trunk interior
some pics arround the hinges

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, johnmereness

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2019 15:51 - 26 Oct 2019 16:08 #38694 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 810 trunk interior
Hello, hoping that you are not totally frustrated with me, though I am having trouble figuring out the panel that is in the lower center portion of this photo - it appears to go around the corner and I see it has some sewing on the edge (and a nail in it) and equally does not have the jute backing. I really hate to ask, though would it be possible to do another photo more toward the upper corner of what this piece does - I do not think I am seeing it on the sketch on page 3. I did go on a couple hour crusade yesterday to find the "C" shaped clip on the non-buckle end of the tool strap (using your photos). Amazing this all survived - I had a 1941 Cadillac 60 Special with 14K miles on it and the trunk was not this nice.

JMM
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Oct 2019 16:08 by johnmereness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

More
26 Oct 2019 18:43 #38695 by Michael R
Replied by Michael R on topic 810 trunk interior
some pics arround the corner. the cloth is fastened with some nails wich I do not really want to remove

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, johnmereness

More
27 Oct 2019 15:49 - 27 Oct 2019 15:59 #38705 by johnmereness
Michael, Thank You !!! The photos explain perfectly and very much appreciated. I would not have guessed that is what I was looking at. I think we now have a pretty complete page for how to do a trunk, excepting your car is short one or two pieces of carpet or .... In the compliments department one fine automobile !

JMM
Last edit: 27 Oct 2019 15:59 by johnmereness.

More
27 Oct 2019 16:06 - 27 Oct 2019 16:10 #38706 by johnmereness
As a sidenote, I would think the original installation had a certain number of nails - they probably did glue a portion, but obviously glues then was not of best longevity. The diagram on page 3 notes a certain number of nails. They probably also used a number of drive nails to hold the carpet to the floor - I see some "divots" in the carpet on Mark Clayton's car and assume them to be drive nails.

JMM
Last edit: 27 Oct 2019 16:10 by johnmereness.

More
27 Oct 2019 16:11 #38707 by johnmereness
Also, notice on Mark Clayton's car the bolt that holds the spare tire bracket has a "marked" head - on an Auburn the bolts are all Black Oxide or Parkerized finish, though on a Cord the marked bolts are plated.

JMM

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds