810 trunk interior

More
25 Oct 2019 20:19 #38692 by Michael R
Replied by Michael R on topic 810 trunk interior
some pics arround the hinges

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, johnmereness

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2019 15:51 - 26 Oct 2019 16:08 #38694 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 810 trunk interior
Hello, hoping that you are not totally frustrated with me, though I am having trouble figuring out the panel that is in the lower center portion of this photo - it appears to go around the corner and I see it has some sewing on the edge (and a nail in it) and equally does not have the jute backing. I really hate to ask, though would it be possible to do another photo more toward the upper corner of what this piece does - I do not think I am seeing it on the sketch on page 3. I did go on a couple hour crusade yesterday to find the "C" shaped clip on the non-buckle end of the tool strap (using your photos). Amazing this all survived - I had a 1941 Cadillac 60 Special with 14K miles on it and the trunk was not this nice.

JMM
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Oct 2019 16:08 by johnmereness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

More
26 Oct 2019 18:43 #38695 by Michael R
Replied by Michael R on topic 810 trunk interior
some pics arround the corner. the cloth is fastened with some nails wich I do not really want to remove

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, johnmereness

More
27 Oct 2019 15:49 - 27 Oct 2019 15:59 #38705 by johnmereness
Michael, Thank You !!! The photos explain perfectly and very much appreciated. I would not have guessed that is what I was looking at. I think we now have a pretty complete page for how to do a trunk, excepting your car is short one or two pieces of carpet or .... In the compliments department one fine automobile !

JMM
Last edit: 27 Oct 2019 15:59 by johnmereness.

More
27 Oct 2019 16:06 - 27 Oct 2019 16:10 #38706 by johnmereness
As a sidenote, I would think the original installation had a certain number of nails - they probably did glue a portion, but obviously glues then was not of best longevity. The diagram on page 3 notes a certain number of nails. They probably also used a number of drive nails to hold the carpet to the floor - I see some "divots" in the carpet on Mark Clayton's car and assume them to be drive nails.

JMM
Last edit: 27 Oct 2019 16:10 by johnmereness.

More
27 Oct 2019 16:11 #38707 by johnmereness
Also, notice on Mark Clayton's car the bolt that holds the spare tire bracket has a "marked" head - on an Auburn the bolts are all Black Oxide or Parkerized finish, though on a Cord the marked bolts are plated.

JMM

Time to create page: 0.798 seconds