New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

810 trunk interior

More
19 Oct 2019 18:39 - 19 Oct 2019 18:40 #38628 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 810 trunk interior

Michael R wrote: some pics of my unrestored 36 Westchester Nr. 704 Dimensions visible. The carpet has got a linnen protection arround and may have been nailed to the wooden platform

May I talk you into sticking your head into your trunk and doing some more detailed photos (including some overall, in corners, and ... ) ?

JMM
Last edit: 19 Oct 2019 18:40 by johnmereness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 18:43 #38629 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 810 trunk interior

RumRunner wrote: All,

May, I talk you into more trunk photos too, including trunk floor and ...) ?

Thought I would capture and post pictures of the trunk fabric in my 812 Beverly. No idea if it is original but sure looks like it to me. Hope these can be of some help.

-Michael

JMM

• Jonathan Richards
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
19 Oct 2019 19:42 #38631 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic 810 trunk interior
I very much dislike pouring cold water on an attempt to provide original trunk interior upholstery , HOWEVER , as I earlier posted on this thread the trunk interior views posted by Rum Runner on this post and #38485 are of 1937 Cord Supercharged Phaeton S # 32410S , of which I was a previous owner. It was restored by the late Col. Leonard Redburn of Missouri and it was he who installed the present excellent trunk upholstery. Sorry to be a spoiler , but we need to search for and find original upholstery examples in both Cord and Auburn marques to assure the accuracy of our restorations.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
20 Oct 2019 01:36 - 20 Oct 2019 03:52 #38634 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 810 trunk interior
Hi Jack, I agree entirely with your comments. I have attached a picture which shows three material samples.
In the background is the original piece from behind the rear seat, it has thick black lines.
To the RHS is the sample supplied by Rick Hulett which has thin black lines with a finer pattern.
At the lower LHS is the material I made up. It is based on the original sample but I made the lines too thin. I was not looking at the bigger picture at the time. With care I can salvage the job by redrawing the lines thicker.
So we have two distinct line patterns, one with thick lines in early production cars and one with fine lines in later production cars.
I believe the background colour was all the same. The sample of the original material in the picture has faded a lot.
My Cord has Serial No 1586 A, I have no idea when the line pattern changed.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Oct 2019 03:52 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding picture. Spelling error

• Jonathan Richards
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
20 Oct 2019 02:17 #38635 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic 810 trunk interior
Mr. Richards, 1937 Cord S#32410S , which you previously owned , is a Beverly sedan and NOT a Phaeton. Foolish old man. You should know better , and used to. The other Mr. Richards with clearer brain.

More
20 Oct 2019 19:19 #38639 by Michael R
Replied by Michael R on topic 810 trunk interior

Jonathan Richards wrote: Mr. Richards, 1937 Cord S#32410S , which you previously owned , is a Beverly sedan and NOT a Phaeton. Foolish old man. You should know better , and used to. The other Mr. Richards with clearer brain.

Dear Mr. Richards, it is the best sign of a good charakter if you can make a joke about your own mistakes! you are a great man!

to John Mereness, wich details do you want? I´ll do my very best to help

Time to create page: 1.506 seconds