New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

810 trunk interior

More
06 May 2021 01:32 #43065 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic 810 trunk interior
No, I can't post pics as I am not literate in that technology. However I can add words to the brief statement "and the inside of the trunk lid which was also trimmed with the interior leather." From the frantic post last night it should also be obvious that I also can't type. That was something that only people who professed to want to be secretaries was taught when I went to school. I only took math, physics and chemistry, To put the above quoted statement in context, I was defining the surfaces where the striped burlap material was found inside the phaeton trunk. Unlike a Westchester trunk lid which is all metal, the inside of the trunk lid on a phaetons has wood support all the way around the edge and 2 vertical supports about 6-8 inches in from the sides. From the factory, the wood is covered with a leatherette material which matches the seat leather in color. This material is the same as that used on door panels and other interior areas. Since that type of material is much more rare than the interior leather, the interior leather is used to cover these wood supports on phaetons in recent past and today. The statement was meant to point out this difference from the Westchester and Beverly sedans which have an all metal trunk lid which is completely covered with the striped material except for the tail light areas as seen in Terry's pics of his trunk interior.
Note: From memory of discussions with Rick, the very late open cars had a leather covered panel which covered the complete inside of the trunk lid.
Pics would have possibly shown what these words have tried to describe. A few pics would not however show all the details of how this leather is folded and tacked to the wood surfaces. I had the trunk lid off of 1186H which still has the leatherette attached to use as a guide when I did my trunk lid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2021 01:59 #43066 by john mccall
Has some of this thread been inadvertently been dropped? The last post on page 21 was posted on1/2/20 while the first post on p.22 was posted on2/27/21, a year plus later.

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
06 May 2021 02:16 #43067 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic 810 trunk interior
Thank you for your informative reply, John. I appreciate your help.

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
06 May 2021 02:21 - 06 May 2021 02:21 #43068 by wynlaidig
Can anyone tell me the correct orientation for the canvas top material used for the "sling" that supports the convertible top when it folds up and is stored under the top lid? As I understand it, the same type of canvas is used for this "sling" that is used on the convertible top -- that mossy green color on the outside with the striped bowdrill on the inside. So for the sling, is the bowdrill side on the inside or the outside of the sling??
Last edit: 06 May 2021 02:21 by wynlaidig.

More
06 May 2021 02:57 #43069 by john mccall
Sorry, I had that last night but dropped it tonight.
There is no sling or top bag. The top drops directly into the forward trunk area . The top has the striped material on the sides and the front, with the shelf carpet on the bottom as cushion and protection. It also has the upholstered under side of the tonneau lid on top for protection. There is a space between the front of the shelf and the back of the rear seat which accommodates the top. The shelf has a cut out at the leading edge about half the size of the convt. top window , be it the small or large window (early cars had the small window, later had the larger window}. This allows more room for the window so it won't be broken. And this is part of " not being commonplace".

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
06 May 2021 11:32 #43072 by wynlaidig
The cabriolet had a sling for sure, and according to Mark Tomei it was made of the top material. So I guess my question applies only to the cabriolet. I had assumed that the phaeton has a similar configuration, but I guess not.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds