New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

810 trunk interior

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
14 Jan 2020 02:14 #39283 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic 810 trunk interior
I have no Idea when the change may have taken place. The original cars that I have worked on were all 810's and the trunk carpet were all the same color as the interior carpet. I don't recall seeing any documentation of a change in the rug material in the trunks of these cars.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 03:09 #39318 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic 810 trunk interior
Jim,
In my email correspondence with Rick Hulett on Feb. 10, 2019 he indicated that the general rule was that the trunk carpet color was always a taupe/brown( to my eyes beige) color. The exception to that rule was on the Cabriolet's where the trunk carpet was always the same as the interior carpet. Other exceptions were on the Custom Berline where the interior and trunk carpet were the same color. He confirmed those statements in a Feb. 11 email.

Those emails are in the batch of info that I forwarded to you last year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
21 Jan 2020 19:53 #39355 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic 810 trunk interior
I have been trying for a couple months to make the lined burlap trying various methods. I finally had success using a large format printer and printing the lines on burlap. I ended up using 9 cycles per inch, with about a "duty cycle" of about 40% for the black.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, johnmereness

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
21 Jan 2020 19:55 #39356 by wynlaidig
Did Rick Hulett say anything about exceptions for Custom Beverlys or was it only for Custom Berlines and Cabriolets?

• Terry Cockerell
More
21 Jan 2020 21:08 #39360 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 810 trunk interior
Congratulations Wyn, it sure beats drawing them by hand.
What is the width of the printing machine ??????????????
This is an important contribution.

T cockerell

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
21 Jan 2020 21:19 #39361 by wynlaidig
I did this on a Canon Pro-4000S which will print up to 44" wide. I bought a length of 36" wide burlap (17 oz "sagless") and ran it through. There are some spots where the printing was not perfect probably due to irregularities in the burlap, but most of it turned out very nice.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds