New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

810 trunk interior

More
05 Jan 2020 17:32 - 05 Jan 2020 17:39 #39176 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 810 trunk interior
I am updating this post with some additional (and some duplicate pictures) from Terry Cockerill

Here is Terry's note: John, I am assuming that you are referring to the trunk carpet?
Actually there was none in the trunk when I purchased the car. The only lining material in the trunk was inside the trunk lid.
I had reference sketches from two sources. One showed a long strip of the striped material under the jack shaft while the other showed the striped material following the line of the trunk opening. I opted for the latter as it looks better however I put the edge of the material under the adjacent cover plate just to hold it in place. The carpets were made in separate pieces and edged all round.

JMM
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jan 2020 17:39 by johnmereness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2020 17:36 #39177 by johnmereness
Sidenote: I posted a photo above with the metal edging around the trunk opening and trunk hinges being black - my "best" guess is they would have originally color keyed/painted to the color of the car ?

JMM

More
05 Jan 2020 17:44 #39178 by johnmereness
Terry, it looks like your car is upholstered like this one:

JMM
Attachments:

More
05 Jan 2020 18:17 #39181 by johnmereness
Sidenote: I recently bought the original Burco style fasteners (for my Auburn trunk) for the pocket and trunk from www.restorationspecialties.com - very nice plating on the parts too. See their catalog page 177 - and had note inside too that they could source other Burco fasteners now in plated too.

JMM

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
06 Jan 2020 05:49 #39188 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 810 trunk interior
John, I listed the Restoration Specialties Part Numbers for the BURCO fasteners on sheet No 6 of this Forum.

T cockerell

More
07 Jan 2020 19:08 #39198 by johnmereness
Terry, just reinforcing that you are 100% on the mark !

JMM

Time to create page: 1.402 seconds