Skip to main content

Cords Exported to Canada

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
26 Jul 2019 22:36 #37875 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Cords Exported to Canada
Hi Tim, any idea where your Cord was originally sold? I see the Toronto dealer handled 810 2124A
Ryan lives in Edmonton, Alberta. I have put him in touch with ACD members in Alberta.
Cheers,
Terry

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
25 Jul 2019 21:40 #37869 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Cords Exported to Canada
Welcome to the Club!
My 1936 Westchester, 2127A, was exported to Canada when new; according to Josh’s books. I purchased the car out of Rochester, NY in the 1990s.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
25 Jul 2019 21:19 #37867 by Terry Cockerell
Ryan no emails have arrived. My email address is [email protected] however we can keep corresponding here to share the information with others.
The Cords listed in Cord Complete as being exported to Canada is not a definitive list. Ron Irwin the Cord Historian put the list together with information that was available. Serial numbers turn up from time to time from previously unknown cars.
Similarly only a few of the Cords exported to Australia are listed.
I did contact Ron for information on the survival rate of early 810 Cords sold by O'Donnell Mackie. The answer was not many at all. Some had been stripped for parts, others simply vanished. My 810 Cord has Serial No 1586A

T cockerell

• rfenrich97
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Jul 2019 16:27 #37864 by rfenrich97
Replied by rfenrich97 on topic Cords Exported to Canada
Hi Terry, I sent you a PM.

Thanks

Ryan

22 year old Antique Car Enthusiast

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
25 Jul 2019 10:07 #37863 by Terry Cockerell
Hello Ryan. I have no idea how many Cords were sold in Canada but I should imagine quite a few. I have attached a copy of a sheet from the Toronto ACD dealers O'Donnell Mackie. Eighteen 810 Cords and two 812 Cords are listed, obviously more 812 Cords are on the following page which the Museum in Auburn have copies of. Cords were sold in other provinces.
I am incredibly fortunate to have been able to make contact with people who knew my Cord which I call The Actonite Cord as the original owner lived in Acton, Ontario. He only had it for around 12 months then sold it. New comers in Acton were called Actonites. Senior members of the ACD Club in America have told me I have the most detailed and comprehensive history of ownership of any 810 812 Cord in the world. It certainly has grown over the years. What is your email address?
Cheers from Down Under
Terry Cockerell

T cockerell
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S, rfenrich97

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
25 Jul 2019 02:27 #37861 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Cords Exported to Canada
Welcome to the club and this forum. I can tell you one one particular Cord named... The Actonit Cord. It was purchased in Canada.But now is in Australia getting a complete restoration. The now owner has done so much historical research on this car. It is well documented too.
So even if a Cord was exported to Canada it could be anyplace in the world today Its possible our club 810 812 Cord historian can help.

Gary Parsons
The following user(s) said Thank You: rfenrich97

• rfenrich97
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Jul 2019 22:01 #37859 by rfenrich97
Cords Exported to Canada was created by rfenrich97
Hello,

My name is Ryan, and I am a new member to the forum. I live in Canada, and someday would love to get an 812, or multiple if the budget can hold it. I love the idea of owning a Canadian exported car, as well.

Last time I read Cord Complete, I think there was something like 20-25 Cords known to have been exported to Canada originally. Is there any figure that shows how many of those Canadian cars survive today?

22 year old Antique Car Enthusiast