Skip to main content

Danger Warning

• uconn_1965
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
23 Jul 2019 15:25 #37853 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Danger Warning
I stand corrected. The rear brake hose is 17 1/2” long and the fronts are 21” long. However I found that I still wasn’t getting any clearance from the hose to the tire rim. The problem ended up being the front wheel stops. Somewhere along in production there was a service bulletin recommending changing the wheel stops to 2 1/16”. When I did that, problem solved. Apologize for the erroneous warning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• uconn_1965
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 Jul 2019 00:58 #37846 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Danger Warning
The original front brake hoses are approx, 17 1/2” long. The ones I purchased are longer and that creates the problem. Originally they are held out of the way by a metal clip that holds a rubber band that attaches to the steering arm that attaches to the backing plates and keeps the brake hose positioned correctly..
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
22 Jul 2019 00:23 #37845 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Danger Warning
Thanks Cliff. I have been "watching them" for years. Never intended on purchasing them but great to know. I recall we need aluminum straps securing to brake hose to the steering linkage too. I have pictures of an unmolested 37 supercharged Cord sedan from overseas being taken apart. I recall it was Slumphs or something sounding like this....

• uconn_1965
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
21 Jul 2019 19:11 #37840 by uconn_1965
Danger Warning was created by uconn_1965
If you bought the front brake hoses for a 1936-37 Cord that have been advertised on Ebay - WARNING, although they look correct but are longer than the original brake hoses, when you install them correctly so that they go under the trailing arm, you will find that when you turn the wheel fully either left or right, the brake hose rubs against the inner rim of the tire........an accident waiting to happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S