Skip to main content

Trans Shift Fork Set Screw

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Jul 2019 19:47 #37718 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic Trans Shift Fork Set Screw
Try mounting square head in a drill press vice and use simple hardware store oiled carbide drill at 650rpm speed, may work carbide tip is hard, or thread nut on shaft and draw temper with heat and drill when softer and then retemper , heat and quench head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
08 Jul 2019 22:10 #37714 by 1748 S
Trans Shift Fork Set Screw was created by 1748 S
After finding one of my shift fork screws broken I decided to replace all of them.Was told these are nothing special so searched McMaster Carr. Found nothing close.These are 1x5/16x18 thread.Was shopping near Randy Ema and stopped in to ask where would be a good place to look.We both felt McMaster should of had them and maybe a huge hardware store named McFadden Dale. So I found these at the McFadden Dale location.Total cost... 60 cents. Cucked them up in the 4 jaw lathe check and made what I wanted. Now the sad part.They are hard and not really able to drill the tie wire holes in the square heads. So contacted Brian in Broken Arrow.Was able to talk with him but he was away from the shop.Called back but no answer. He knows what I need. I told him Randy was just there last week and found a "box full of them"... We can only wait for a return call.Am in no hurry.Just maty contact Stan in a few days.

Gary Parsons
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.