1937 Cord Beverly on Ebay

• 19beverly37
  • Topic Author
  • New User
  • New User
More
14 Jun 2019 21:51 #37452 by 19beverly37

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2019 00:25 #37453 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 1937 Cord Beverly on Ebay
I saw this about an hour ago on ebay.Seems someone is or was attempting to convert the trans to manual shift. Notice the shift handle under the dash and steering colume. Then the two cables at the end of the trans for the gears or cross shift. Also notice ALL the shift arms and rods are not in the trans nor is any of the front of the trans there.. It appears to have 27,000 miles on the speedometer but really.. Who knows correct miles. Car looks like its in very nice condition. Appears to have original tires and wheel covers but not sure. Missing the cigar lighter, air filter and all the chrome around the fence plus the top louver. Pictures show some mods to the hood but no rust seen in any pics from my side of the computer pics. Would I purchase this... YES... But have no room for more projects. Would have to store it somewhere.... Am watching this car just to see what its reserve or what it sells for.

Gary Parsons

More
15 Jun 2019 02:57 #37455 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic 1937 Cord Beverly on Ebay
Look at exhaust pipes to see original clamps and asbestos insulation 1/2 shells. This has not been messed with much.

More
15 Jun 2019 13:27 #37456 by 1748 S

balinwire wrote: Look at exhaust pipes to see original clamps and asbestos insulation 1/2 shells. This has not been messed with much.

I noticed that too but why is this car in such great condition? Engine turns over..Maybe the owner could not find anyone to keep the trans shifting so it was parked and a conversion to manual shift was started....But never finished. Maybe Ron Irwin may know something bout this car

Gary Parsons

• 19beverly37
  • Topic Author
  • New User
  • New User
More
15 Jun 2019 16:28 #37459 by 19beverly37
Replied by 19beverly37 on topic 1937 Cord Beverly on Ebay
A couple new pictures of some missing parts and spare have been posted to the ad

More
15 Jun 2019 16:50 #37460 by 1748 S
First new pic shows a correct and incorrect outside door handle. Also the vacuum cylinder shift arm appears to have been modified or repaired. Happy to see the fan and trans shift arms in pic. Second new pic shows only the under dash ash tray as correct.I do not recognize any other Cord parts in that pic.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds