Trunk Spring

More
27 Apr 2019 15:31 - 27 Apr 2019 15:33 #37078 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Trunk Spring
Here are my flipper pics on my trunk lift arm. My spring is broken so its not working like design. But thanks to the pics supplied I can see how its supposed to work. I may try making my own spring.

Gary Parsons
Last edit: 27 Apr 2019 15:33 by 1748 S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2019 12:45 #37086 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic Trunk Spring
Admire the few I have seen in action. Fascinating little clockwork machines in their simplicity. It would take a video to understand there movements. The genius at Duesenberg to create a solution to a minor inconvenience. I am missing front and rear flippers and have always moved the props manually. It seems like they are held in place by hinge pivot pin rivets. To install the replacement part you may have to remove the pin rivet? A short video of shift cycle would be helpful.

More
28 Apr 2019 18:41 #37090 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Trunk Spring
I have never seen a front flipper but here are some pics of what my hood support looks like without the spring. I have purchased all the springs a member has offered on ebay. He found an old US company that has the nearly 100 year old spring making machines to make nearly any spring for our cars.

Gary Parsons

• pac32
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
28 Apr 2019 19:37 #37092 by pac32
Replied by pac32 on topic Trunk Spring
I also ordered a spring on the ebay link. It was a little wider than the original so I ground down the end to fit the post. It works great, now the trunk lifts just like it did before. See pictures also are 2 shots of my flipper. Thanks for your help.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

More
15 Dec 2019 07:09 - 15 Dec 2019 07:09 #39054 by tayedils
Replied by tayedils on topic Trunk Spring

pac32 wrote: I am looking for a Trunk spring for my 37 Beverly. This is the trunk support crossword solver sip calculator epfo spring for the support latch. I have tried Auburn Cord and they do not have it. Is there a substitute out there?

if you have an extra window regulator with a double coil spring, remove the spring , cut the extra coil off and bend the end for the hook. Works great.
Last edit: 15 Dec 2019 07:09 by tayedils.

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds