Skip to main content

Making Fog Lights Tonight

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
05 Apr 2019 15:21 #36956 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
The point score system in AACA and CCCA are the same, as well as most every Concours d'Elegance too - if you have accessories on the car they get point scored for condition and if you have no accessories then no deductions. Some people like the accessories and some do not. When we had the 1931 Cadillac's they looked very nice with Metal Sidemount Spare Tire Covers, Mirrors, Pilot Rays, Luggage Trunks, and ..., plus the Heater was nice on a crisp morning). When Charles Koch and I restored the 1931 Auburn Phaeton we had Sidemount Mirrors on the car and we added a proper Luggage Trunk when we quickly found the car to have near zero storage capacity in it. And, finding and restoring the proper Luggage Trunk for the rack was a horrendous ordeal even in the 1980's (super hard to find part).

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
04 Apr 2019 11:58 #36941 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
How does judging view the s/c 810-812 air cleaners that were reproduced years ago? I understand some folks paid some serious money for these .

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
04 Apr 2019 05:29 #36937 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
The trunk was a accessory, but everyone wants one.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
03 Apr 2019 14:08 #36935 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
Both Mike and Curt make a good point. So far I don't think the L29 judging standards have been updated like the 810 812 Cord cars have.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
03 Apr 2019 11:39 #36934 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
Mike, maybe the judging committee should consider this !

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
03 Apr 2019 03:52 #36933 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
Something you might consider. L-29 Cord with PERFECT trunk, no deductions. L-29 Cord with no trunk , no deductions.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2019 15:40 #36932 by 1748 S
So... After a very careful investigation by asking several ACD members it turns out what I have pictured here is correct. The lens, buckets, brackets and finally the important lens retaining ring are the right parts. Hope this helps others trying to purchase or make up a set of Fog King driving lights.. Now after finding all this great information out I went to the judging criteria.. Find of bad news too. Of the ten items where we can get extra judging points I have five of them..... We are ONLY allowed three.... I only added the winged hood ornament and these fog lights. I already had the maximum number of extra points on my car before I started... And I have been reading the judging information ever since it was published a few years ago....

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
23 Mar 2019 23:57 #36887 by 1748 S
I find it comical how I find missing things. As it is with all searchers, We find something in the last place we look because we stop looking. Well after two days of searching not once but three times in EVERY corner or box I finally found my original fog light mounts. Jim Obrien told me he thought Auburn was the original maker. Any thoughts on this??? So just because I had or maybe I should say made the time between digging weeds in her garden I thought what would these look like mounted on the car. So I mounted only what you see on the car. No sheet metal or engine or trans is in the car. But I have "all the pieces"... I just need one more part... Said with tongue in cheek... Enjoy the pics and please be critical of what you see. I'm not sure if the rings that hold the lens in the buckets is correct and of course the vents cut into the trans cover are not correct for the car as it left the factory. But they are a nice cooling idea. Abe Jenkins did something similar to this on the cars he drove.

Gary Parsons
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
22 Mar 2019 18:41 #36882 by 1748 S
Well as small as my garage work shop is I can't find my fog king mounting brackets.... I know they were purchased from two different sellers but they are in no obvious locations. But I found plenty of other Cord parts. It was like Christmas and birthday all rolled up in March. So here are the pics promised. Maybe later I can find the missing brackets...

Gary Parsons

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
22 Mar 2019 03:45 #36880 by 1748 S
Making Fog Lights Tonight was created by 1748 S
Tonight I felt like cleaning up my variety of Fog King lights. As already posted, I purchased a matched set of the amber lens that everyone wants. So I removed my other lens. One was red and the other was clear. I installed as a test fit the new lens.Everything appears to be correct. Tomorrow I plan to post pics of what I have.