• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
03 Apr 2019 14:08 #36935 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
Both Mike and Curt make a good point. So far I don't think the L29 judging standards have been updated like the 810 812 Cord cars have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
04 Apr 2019 05:29 #36937 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
The trunk was a accessory, but everyone wants one.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

More
04 Apr 2019 11:58 #36941 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
How does judging view the s/c 810-812 air cleaners that were reproduced years ago? I understand some folks paid some serious money for these .

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

More
05 Apr 2019 15:21 #36956 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Making Fog Lights Tonight
The point score system in AACA and CCCA are the same, as well as most every Concours d'Elegance too - if you have accessories on the car they get point scored for condition and if you have no accessories then no deductions. Some people like the accessories and some do not. When we had the 1931 Cadillac's they looked very nice with Metal Sidemount Spare Tire Covers, Mirrors, Pilot Rays, Luggage Trunks, and ..., plus the Heater was nice on a crisp morning). When Charles Koch and I restored the 1931 Auburn Phaeton we had Sidemount Mirrors on the car and we added a proper Luggage Trunk when we quickly found the car to have near zero storage capacity in it. And, finding and restoring the proper Luggage Trunk for the rack was a horrendous ordeal even in the 1980's (super hard to find part).

JMM

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds