# of Berlines in existence

• Kevin_Reed
  • Kevin_Reed's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
25 Nov 2004 01:32 #2514 by Kevin_Reed
Kevin_Reed created the topic: # of Berlines in existence
How many Berlines are still around? How mamy were originally produced.?

Regards

Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
29 Nov 2004 19:22 #2523 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Auburn/Cord Parts replied the topic: # of Berlines
My count shows 27 Berlines still exist. I didn't break down S/C - standard-with-without rear dash etc. However, there are 2 with extra long wheel base, 135"-136". According to factory production records, 27 were built as non S/C and 21 with S/C. A few on my list could be scrapped by now and a couple more could have been discovered but this figure should be very close. Each one is unique in it's own way. The standard color for the early Berlines was Geneva Blue with Blue wool interiors. 310009B was the first S/C Berline. I owned 10006b which was owned new by Vincent Bendix of Bendix Corporation. I have restored or serviced 8 to
10 of these limousines. I only know of one that has the rear dash with it's own seperate radio, most have a rear speaker and use the front radio.
The extra long wheel base models allow you to roll the back door glasses all the way down. I'm glad to see these special cars being restored and not used for parts cars.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Kevin_Reed
  • Kevin_Reed's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
01 Dec 2004 01:36 #2527 by Kevin_Reed
Kevin_Reed replied the topic: Berlines
Stan

thanks for the info

kevin

More
24 Dec 2004 17:54 #2609 by cordman
cordman replied the topic:
Stan,

For the record, my Berline is number 10008B and it is supercharged, according to all who have been associated with this car, from the factory.

Hal

Hal Bjorklund

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds