New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Gear Selector Switch Wiring

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
03 Feb 2021 01:19 #42081 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Gary, that is instructions for a replacement switch Stan sells. AN original switch is very different.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2021 01:27 #42082 by pete kelly
Replied by pete kelly on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Evening all
Here are pics of the selector switch as I got it.
Looks like a factory replacement part, still NOS.
Pete
Attachments:

More
03 Feb 2021 01:28 #42083 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring

uconn_1965 wrote: Jim: you are 100% correct. One thing I might add is before you start to soldier any wires, make sure you feed the 10 wires thru that round cardboard separator at rear of switch the keeps the wires separated from the shift pencil moving in and out when selecting gears.

So I didn't have a separator when we took ours apart. Is it critical, and if so anyone know where I can find one? If not, maybe a picture and I'll make one?

thanks.

More
03 Feb 2021 01:31 #42084 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Pete, that is a nice piece. Looks identical to the one I have. Except a lot nicer.

More
03 Feb 2021 01:42 #42085 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Pete: you are correct. Over the years I’ve had a couple of those nos switches and wires. The only problem I had with them was identifying the color of the wires because they had faded and had to trace them back to the switch. I always had to pull column to solder and install the firewall connection

More
03 Feb 2021 01:49 #42086 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
If I had one, I would just give it to you. From my recollection, the circle is about the diameter of the back of the housing. There is a center hole large enough for the shift pencil to slide thru without touching. Then they are 10 holes for the wires but there is a special placement of holes on the disk. The purpose of this spacer is to prevent the sliding of the pencil in and out from chafing the wires.

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds