New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Gear Selector Switch Wiring

• Terry Cockerell
  • Terry Cockerell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
21 Oct 2020 20:06 #41238 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
The wire circlip or snap ring holding my switch has a small loop on one end which made it much easier to get hold of and remove.
It may have been an updated design with the new plastic body switch.
Sorry I don't have a picture of it.

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• George van Nostrand
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
22 Oct 2020 15:18 #41247 by George van Nostrand
Replied by George van Nostrand on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Stan at Auburn Cord Parts shows : # 6015 ( B-6015 ) Selector switch snap ring retainer. New design.

Restoring 1936 Cord Westchester sedan.2023 A

• JIM.OBRIEN
More
22 Oct 2020 22:30 #41252 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Terry,
From photos I remember you posting previously your switch is a "new" design. Also the ring with the loop on it is a newer design. As far as I know all the original rings were were just that...a ring.

More
03 Nov 2020 01:51 #41389 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Here is a picture of the original ring and the redesigned one that is sold by Auburn Cord Parts.
Attachments:

More
03 Nov 2020 15:57 #41403 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Thanks for posting the new and original pictures. The originals look impossible to get out but with CORDS NOTHING is impossible... We all have found this out many times..

Gary Parsons

More
06 Dec 2020 14:08 - 06 Dec 2020 14:18 #41711 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
So our new harness from RI Wiring arrived on Friday. It took about 7 weeks because per recommendation we wanted to eliminate the plug at the bottom of the firewall. This is a special order with RI Wiring instead of the split harness they keep in stock. Will be pulling it through a fake plug. At first I looked at the box and thought "that all?". But when I unwound it, the length is probably 8 feet or more which must be enough to get from the interlock switch to the top of the column. Here are some pictures.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Dec 2020 14:18 by alsancle.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds