New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Gear Selector Switch Wiring

More
24 Jul 2020 14:43 #40599 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Thank you so much for the great explanation of doing this job Jim. My switch and housing came from Henry Ports many years ago. It was completely disassembled too so I have no idea how it was installed but... Now I sure do.Is there another improved snap ring we can purchase? If so from who?

Gary Parsons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2020 16:12 #40600 by rhauser
Replied by rhauser on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Yes there is a snap ring down in the tube on the back side of the switch and it can only go in that way.
Robert l Hauser

More
24 Jul 2020 17:01 #40602 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Thanks to all for your input! This thread has some good pictures of tools that might help with what looks like a miserable job.

www.acdclub.org/forum/cord-810-812-acd-f...-if-i-have-a-problem

• Terry Cockerell
  • Terry Cockerell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
27 Jul 2020 21:01 - 27 Jul 2020 21:04 #40611 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
These simple tools make the job of installing or removing the snap ring quite an easy task. For a full description and list of dimensions check out the Forum heading, Not Sure I Have A Problem.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jul 2020 21:04 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Revising text

More
04 Sep 2020 00:16 - 04 Sep 2020 00:17 #40853 by alsancle
My dad and I finally got around to removing the wiring harness from the column. The wires look to be 2 million years old. I was going to order the selection switch harness from RI wiring but thought I would ask if there is any consensus on replacing the partial harness with a single one (and fake plug) all the way to the transmission?

The trade-offs I see are:

1. A single harness eliminates any issues with the plug.
2. A single harness eliminates me trying to solder the connections on to the plug
3. A single harness means you can't pull just the selection harness out to work on the switch.
4. A single harness means more work with installing the front 1/2 of the harness.

Final question, if I go with just the selection harness, is anyone making the plug or half the plug?
Last edit: 04 Sep 2020 00:17 by alsancle.

More
07 Sep 2020 00:50 #40884 by alsancle
Thinking about it over the weekend, I think I'm going to get the full length harness, install the new selection switch with the new harness and connect the other end to the interlock and front control without running the harness or installing the column stock. This will allow me to test everything without having to install all the wiring. Once I know it works, then I can disconnect the wires up front, and thread them down the column and pull the rest of the harness through.

Bad idea?

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds