New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Gear Selector Switch Wiring

More
10 Apr 2021 20:38 #42882 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
I have the new harness pulled all the way and connected. I want to point out I found another bad bullet connector on my new RI wiring harness. It pulled off by hand.

I should be driving down the road right now, right? Wrong!!!!

The startix is not even clicking or blipping the amp meter when I press down the clutch. I'm assuming I've landed my red wire on the wrong spot on the clutch switch? I've tried #1 and #2, but not #3.

Any thoughts?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
11 Apr 2021 00:35 #42884 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Alsancle - Position 3 should be your hot wire from the ignition switch. THis wire should have 6 volts on it whenever the ignition switch os on. Position 1 and 2 should have the wires to the shifting and to the startix. The switch is on/off. So when the clutch is depressed the switch provides power to the shifting system and to the startix. THis should help you troubleshooting.

More
11 Apr 2021 00:53 #42885 by Mike Brady
Replied by Mike Brady on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
AJ
If you straightened the bracket on the switch (as was suggested earlier), the switch is likely now out of adjustment. Time to get your ohm meter out and follow the adjustment procedure in the club tranny booklet.

More
11 Apr 2021 11:43 #42887 by alsancle
Thanks guys, I'll get my meter out and see what is going on with the wires. My assumption was that I had disconnected the startix wire and not the transmission wire to land the red, but I tried swapping them.

Mike, I did not try to straighten the switch - but will try to find adjustment instructions and take a look.

More
11 Apr 2021 16:09 #42889 by alsancle
I have 6 volts at wire #3 and once I bent the bracket straight I got 6 volts at 1 & 2. I searched the newsletters and the forum for the clutch switch adjustments but found nothing. Is the new transmission book available now?

I might have an issue at the startix, but that seems like bad coincidence.

More
11 Apr 2021 16:25 #42892 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Info you were looking for.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: alsancle

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds