New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Gear Selector Switch Wiring

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
23 Mar 2021 01:20 #42692 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Two hours is about right! I won't ask how many drinks came after you got it together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2021 20:54 - 25 Mar 2021 20:55 #42721 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Following Jim's test procedure to the letter, I was having trouble with Test #8, shifter in neutral, continuity on the white wires. I was seeing an intermittent OL (Open load) indication. I couldn't figure it out so I had my EE buddy come over with his meter. He eventually figured it out that the connector on the brand new harness was never crimped and soldered correctly.

My advice is to test continuity on the entire harness before soldering it on to the switch.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2021 20:55 by alsancle.

More
25 Mar 2021 21:08 #42722 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Thats a great find. Glad its been corrected. Can you share who you purchased the harness from? It will really help myself n others. But checking the complete harness BEFORE installation is a fabulous idea. One that I plan to do.

Gary Parsons

More
25 Mar 2021 23:41 #42724 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring

1748 S wrote: Thats a great find. Glad its been corrected. Can you share who you purchased the harness from? It will really help myself n others. But checking the complete harness BEFORE installation is a fabulous idea. One that I plan to do.

Gary Parsons

It is the custom RI Wiring harness that goes from to back. It took some sleuthing to figure it out. If you held it a certain way it would read ok, but if you moved it would go to OL. I can't imagine how bad it would be to figure it out once the harness was pulled.

More
26 Mar 2021 02:21 #42725 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Thank you for this brand information.I have the same modified complete harness. You bet I'm going to be checking all of my connections. All my harness pieces are from Rhode Island Wiring.

Gary Parsons

• Terry Cockerell
  • Terry Cockerell's Avatar Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2021 04:36 #42726 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
It is not quite what you want to hear but it is good that we know. After the EGGE Machine Tool Company supplied me with a set of standard size pistons with the gudgeon pins holes bored 1/4" lower than specifications dictated I guess we should check absolutely everything. I eventually got another set of pistons which "allowed me to fit the heads". Many months were lost in the process.

T cockerell

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds