New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Gear Selector Switch Wiring

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
25 Feb 2021 05:36 #42421 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
McMaster-Carr has fish paper by the way. It comes in sheets from .005 to .020 in .005 increment's. You can also buy it as tubes. It is listed under sheets in index and called Electrical Grade Sheets also known as fishpaper.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman
The following user(s) said Thank You: alsancle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2021 21:11 #42656 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
So I had my buddy the electrical engineer do the soldering today. I thought he did a great job. I need to study Jim's article to see what I'm doing next.
Attachments:

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
20 Mar 2021 00:36 #42670 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Looks Great! Nice job soldering and keeping the wires on the inside makes installation easier.

More
21 Mar 2021 13:03 #42676 by alsancle
I wonder how many revisions of the selection switch were made? Here are two versions of the wafer, one marked "1" and one marked "2". The second looks to have one larger contact. I'm using the one marked #2.
Attachments:

• JIM.OBRIEN
More
21 Mar 2021 13:44 #42677 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Before you use a different wafer put the two pieces on the pencil and make sure all three contacts touch and have a good electrical connection. Over the years the pieces wear in together and work fine. However when you change one of them they may not work.

I recently had one where both pieces looked great, but after much trouble shooting I pulled the switch apart and put both pieces on the pencil and pushed them together. When looking at it closely from the side you could see the one contact was not touching. A little bit of saning on the other contacts and everything worked well (at least that part did, but that's another story).
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

More
22 Mar 2021 11:59 #42685 by alsancle
Thanks. I reused the original wafer which also was the later one.

Good thing I'm not working flat rate. Just about two hours of goofing around to get the switch back in the housing. Have not started the continuity tests on the different gear positions yet.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds