Skip to main content

New here and doing a full restoration on a 812

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Nov 2018 04:24 #35981 by 1748 S
welcome to this forum. As already posted. Knowing where you are located may help find someone near you for help. Joining the club gets you in for much better help too. The transmission booklet needs to be updated too. I have found several areas that really need more information. Reading my posts on the 810 812 forum can help you understand what I'm referring to. This club has so many helpful members ready to give sound advice.

Gary Parsons
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drivencord

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Nov 2018 01:51 - 18 Nov 2018 01:52 #35979 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic New here and doing a full restoration on a 812
Hi,
The two books out there are the Cord Complete and The Timeless Classic, both by Josh Malks. They have lots of photos but like all books some of the photos have things that are not correct.

The item to get is the Engineering Changes. This is available from the ACD Museum.

The other item to get is the the old ACD club Newsletters. This is available on a thumb drive thru the Club.

If you haven't already join the ACD Club, you need to. This gives you access to the experts.

The posts on these forums can answer a lot of questions. just do some searchs.

Where are you located. If there is some other Cords nearby they can really help out as you go thru the restoration.
Jim
Last edit: 18 Nov 2018 01:52 by JIM.OBRIEN.

• Drivencord
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
18 Nov 2018 01:01 #35978 by Drivencord
Hello Gents, Iam new here and doing a full restoration on a
Cord 812. I am wondering if there are any books available that show period correct pictures in color of these fine cars? Accuracy is critical.
Also are there books available as a service guide for the 812? I am doing all work myself and all wood help. I have already purchased the transmission manual.
Thanks in advance