Skip to main content

310203S Historical papers

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
05 Oct 2018 17:11 #35591 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic 310203S Historical papers
There was for a period of time when a Dan Taylor lived in Ct. Actually he bought all of Bob McEwan spare Cord parts when Bob still
lived in New Jersey. I can't remember the exact years of all this. I did hear that Dan had moved to upstate New York.
There was a rumor that Dan had committed some type of crime and may have been sent to prison.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Registered
More
05 Oct 2018 13:46 #35588 by STEVEN.KUIPER
Replied by STEVEN.KUIPER on topic 310203S Historical papers
even after all these years of record keeping new "unknown" cars keep turning up. a few years back, i had
a new one for ron's list. recently and "unknown" car was parted out in the acd forum. i bought quite a few parts for mine from that. so, don't give up hope too quick.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
05 Oct 2018 13:15 #35587 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 1937 Cord S#310203S Historical papers
Our club has a member named Steve Taylor.

• Jonathan Richards
  • Registered
More
05 Oct 2018 02:56 #35583 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic 1937 Cord S#310203S Historical papers
Dear Mr. Kastanis , The copy pf an Indiana title is an amazing document to have been preserved. It involves the vehicle you are looking for alright. I would suggest you send an inquiry letter to Dan Taylor at both the rural Noblesville, IN address where he resided when he bought the car in Sept., 1984 and to the Indianapolis city address when he released the lien on the front face of the title. Did Taylo sign the back of the title and, if so , to whom did he transfer the title.? This is really intriqing. I went through my old copies of the ACD Directory back to 1980 and DID NOT find an ACD Club member with name Dan Taylor. Good luck and keep us posted, Jack Richards

• Rileypu29
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 Oct 2018 01:56 #35581 by Rileypu29
Replied by Rileypu29 on topic 310203S Historical papers
Terry and Jonathan,
Thank you for your comments. In case it might help I will add the most recent document that I have for this vehicle which looks to be surprisingly somewhat recent. Attached is a copy of an Indiana title for this car issued in 1985 with a release of ownership signed in 2003. At that time the owner appears to have been Dan Taylor. Also, in case it helps with the history for this car, I received these documents from Gail Shaw who I also believe has been a long time ACD member.
Thank you all for your help and best regards,
Bill

Bill Kastanis
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
04 Oct 2018 14:36 #35575 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 310203S Historical papers
Wow... This is sad to know the car is no longer known to exist. Thanks for sharing. Maybe it will "turn up" in the future as a barn find...
GaryParsons

• Jonathan Richards
  • Registered
More
04 Oct 2018 00:20 #35566 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic 310203S Historical papers
Hello Mr. Kastanis , I regret to inform you that the 1937 Cord Model C 105 Supercharged Custom Beverly with Serial # 310203S and Engine # FC 2824 is NOT listed in the Master Cord List of the ACD Club Cord Model 810/812 Historian Ron Irwin. The serial and engine numbers are properly sequential to known survivors but this vehicle appears to have disappeared into the mists of time. Thank you for sharing the truly remarkable letters from fall of 1948 and spring of 1949. The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Company was then operated by Dallas Winslow , from whom the legendary Glenn Pray bought the parts and moved them to the "pickle factory" at Broken Arrow , OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
03 Oct 2018 20:26 - 03 Oct 2018 20:27 #35564 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 310203S Historical papers
The listings in Josh Malks books, Cord The Timeless Classic and Cord Complete are not up to date with Ron Irwin's archive .
It is worth contacting Ron to check the numbers. His contact details are in the Directory.
I agree the prices back then were very reasonable ............................ if only.

T cockerell
Last edit: 03 Oct 2018 20:27 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Punctuation changes

• Rileypu29
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 Oct 2018 20:01 #35563 by Rileypu29
Replied by Rileypu29 on topic 310203S Historical papers
Hi Gary,
Thank you for the reply. I agree, seeing the pricing for parts in those days is quite remarkable. One letter that I have (attached) indicates a price of $350 for a rebuilt S/C motor. Those were the days!
Best regards,
Bill

Bill Kastanis
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
03 Oct 2018 19:22 #35562 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 310203S Historical papers
I believe I have the same letterhead documents on my car from 1949 thru about 1952. My car was owned by the Tucker club president in 1949. His name was Mr. Hamlin. He sold it to Donald Finnicum who owned it from 1951 till my father purchased it in 1961 for $300.00. An actual steal at the time. Poor guy told my Dad his wife said the Cord goes or she was gone. I wonder if she stayed after the car was sold to Dad.. I will never know. You can do a search for my documents posted here a few years ago.
Thanks for sharing these and the cost of parts sure wasn't much compared to todays prices.
Gary Parsons

• Rileypu29
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 Oct 2018 18:39 #35561 by Rileypu29
310203S Historical papers was created by Rileypu29
Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased an 812 S/C Phaeton and along with the car I received some historical papers related to a different car. I think that these papers would be of greater value and interest to the owner of the car and want to see if anyone knows of the owner. The serial number of the car is 310203S and the engine number is FC 2824. The letters date from the late 1940's and are correspondence between the new owner at the time and the ACD Company regarding parts and repairs. I have attached a couple of examples of the communications. If anyone knows the whereabouts of this car or the owner please let me know. I checked the serial number list in Cord Complete and do not see this serial number listed so perhaps the car is no longer around. If that is the case I will check with the ACD museum to see if they are interested in the documents.
Thank you.
Bill Kastanis
New Cord Owner
Santa Rosa, CA

Bill Kastanis
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S