Skip to main content

What Hood & Hinge Do I have???

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Sep 2018 22:22 #35478 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic What Hood & Hinge Do I have???
Gary attached is a picture of one of the Show Cars. It has the same two bolt hinge to hood bolt pattern

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Sep 2018 16:37 #35473 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic What Hood & Hinge Do I have???
Thanks for the email great pics of the finely restored Cords Terry. I was given some information a few days ago when a member offered me the passenger side hinge but needed to know early or late model. Before this I'm like you. Knew nothing about early or late. the early have 3 bolts that holds them to the hood. Mine clearly are the two bolt hood hinge just like the ones you posted up for me. Maybe someone with the three bolt hinge will post a pic.

Gary Parsons

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Sep 2018 06:22 - 23 Sep 2018 06:27 #35472 by Terry Cockerell
Gary I thought the hinges were all the same for 810s and 812s The picture shows a cream Westchester with Serial No 810 2127
The second picture shows a Custom Berline .................... the hinges appear to be the same.
I can't access my bonnet or hood as it is packed away ready for final assembly.

T cockerell
Last edit: 23 Sep 2018 06:27 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Sep 2018 21:41 #35471 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic What Hood & Hinge Do I have???
Hello Terry. Thanks for showing me your hinge. Can you post a picture of the hood that shows the mounting pad for the hinges? Also the back of the hood. What I want to see is the possibility of a support piece that runs from the louver across to the other side louver. I believe this is what the late hoods look like. Early hinges and hoods have three bolt holes in the hood and the hinge. Sadly I have never seen this so I have to imagine what it looks like.

Gary Parsons

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Sep 2018 08:52 - 22 Sep 2018 10:00 #35468 by Terry Cockerell
Gary with some careful grinding, you could take that welded hinge assembly apart and repair it .
Attached is a picture of one hinge installed. In the centre is a welded connection.
I will have to dig out some more pictures for you.
The second picture shows the pair of my bonnet hinges. They are symmetrical. My Cord is an early 810 . I cannot see the details of your bonnet or hood pictures. We worked out in the past that your car was in the transition phase of production with a mixture of 810 and 812 parts.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Sep 2018 10:00 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding picture and information

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Sep 2018 00:18 #35460 by 1748 S
What Hood & Hinge Do I have??? was created by 1748 S
Here are some pics of my passenger side hinge and my hood where these mount. Today I found out we have an early and late hood. Same with the hinge. Can anyone help with what I have. I need a replacement passenger side hinge because someone long before me welded this piece together. But did not do the same on the drivers side. Go figure that one. Thanks.
Gary Parsons