New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

810 door sill plates

• wcoye
  • wcoye's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
15 Feb 2020 20:42 #39513 by wcoye
Replied by wcoye on topic 810 door sill plates
Tim there very few downsides to living in Raleigh. But there are no plating shops in North Carolina =,^(.
My driver side windshield needs to be rebuilt (rust and rot) and I have to find a place out of state that I can trust. I like/prefer when I can walk into a shop and and have a face to face with the person working on my car

Bill Coye
Westchester 2240A
Brag line: Winner of the
2014 Hillsborough Concurs Strother MacMinn award

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2020 04:05 #39514 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic 810 door sill plates
the sills on my car are in very original condition, where the door shims plates the holes have corroded out and there is some honest time minor pitting, nothing not serviceable for an original driver. My plan is to try to fill the small pits and straighten the metal and the few small cracks I was going to use low temperature aluminium alloy welding rod. I like the high shine but it would not survive the humid climate where I live. The fine hand sanding and light polishing with a small Dremel tool for small areas. Any production chrome could loose these in high speed buffing. I read in Hemmings News of a shop that restores trim but I do not have the tel #. YouTube link to a video of welding rod,

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
19 Feb 2020 04:07 - 19 Feb 2020 04:14 #39529 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic 810 door sill plates
Hi Bill.
I have been away for ten days visiting relatives in Melbourne.
I have dug out a few period pictures which show highly polished aluminium sill plates.
Note, the pictures of the hard topped coupe were taken in the Factory in Connersville.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Feb 2020 04:14 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures.

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
22 Feb 2020 16:46 #39550 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic 810 door sill plates
Highly polished is what the judges want to see.
Tim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds