cord stub frame dimensions

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Nov 2017 14:37 #33798 by STEVEN.KUIPER
Replied by STEVEN.KUIPER on topic cord stub frame dimensions
i got measurements from stan @acd parts. it's definite. the floor and cowl were repaired a bit over an inch too narrow to meet up with stub frame. how could this happen? my conjecture is.... when the car was rear wheel drive converted the cowl was cut up for the transmission to go through. additionally, the the rear angeled bracket/brace on the stub frame was removed to clear tranny too. letting the car relax. later when cowl was repaired...no thought was given to measuring a non-altered car first. ta-da! there's an old carpenter saying measure twice...cut once.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Jun 2017 21:58 #33135 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic cord stub frame dimensions
The rear cross brace on the sub frame must be left in place otherwise the frame will not have its correct shape. I recently fitted mine as you can see from the attached pictures. I do not have access to the shop at present.

T cockerell
Attachments:

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
08 Jun 2017 12:55 #33123 by STEVEN.KUIPER
cord stub frame dimensions was created by STEVEN.KUIPER
the cowl member on my car was altered to accommodate RWD. it has since been repaired but..... where my stub frame joins the cowl it seems to be an inch + too wide. i removed the rear cross brace then it will fit. that does not seem right to me. i'd like measurements of stub frames distance between inner and outer rear members to compare to mine.