Skip to main content

Westchester Trunk Hinges

• Dave Henderson
  • Visitor
02 Feb 2017 01:08 #32417 by Dave Henderson
Replied by Dave Henderson on topic Westchester Trunk Hinges
"Beverly" and "Westchester" designations were determined by the interiors, not whether or not the Cord was a fastback or a bustle back. The former had concealed hinges while the latter had external ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
30 Jan 2017 18:47 #32402 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Westchester Trunk Hinges

Curt Schulze wrote: Is this item addressed in the club restoration guidelines?

I'm not sure if it is or not. I just find it odd that in all my years looking at so many 36 & 37 Cords that I have never seen this difference. It like when you feel you know most about something. Thats when a simple easy to spot difference presents itself.
It would be helpful if we had a complete writeup showing and explaining the big or slight differences between the 36 & 37 cars.
Jim Obrien shared with me the differences in the body between the Westchester and the Beverly besides the trunk. Its how the center post is made into the car. Small changes like that are important.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
30 Jan 2017 01:12 #32401 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Westchester Trunk Hinges
Is this item addressed in the club restoration guidelines?

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
29 Jan 2017 17:57 #32400 by 1748 S
Westchester Trunk Hinges was created by 1748 S
While surfing ebay Cord parts I ran across some trunk hinges for a westchester trunk. 810 monkey is selling lots of Cord parts. So looking at these I felt maybe I needed them for my Beverly.. Nope. Until this moment I did not realize there was a difference between the Beverly and Westchester trunk hinges. I was really surprised I had never before noticed this. So I went to the net and searched out many Westchester's to "have a look see".. I was pleasantly surprised I learned something new today about the beloved Cords...