Correct wiring diagram for 812 Transmission

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
21 Sep 2004 20:00 #2256 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Cord Info
Kevin-

I show 1936 Cord 810 2597F - FB1909(FC2777) Central Mfg. C92-209 S/C Hsng. V1301. Former owner in Canada and prior owner from Wichita Falls, TX since 1950. S/C engine removed from 310162S.

We have the rubber parts and about anything else for Cords.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
20 Sep 2004 16:25 #2244 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Correct wiring diagram for 812 Transmission
Glad you liked the wiring diagram, Kevin.

FYI, there was no gasket between the license lite casting and the deck lid. Seems crude, but true.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• Pat Leahy
  • Registered
More
18 Sep 2004 18:04 #2241 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic Correct wiring diagram for 812 Transmission
I would try Ron Irwin ( see club directory). He has a immense amount of history on CORD's and serial number information. He has helped me with several cars.

Pat Leahy

• Kevin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Sep 2004 17:34 #2240 by Kevin
Replied by Kevin on topic I read some previous posts
From reading a previous post, I found Josh Malk's site with the wiring diagram. How great is that!? Anyway, that problem is solved, but still need help with the other items.

Thank you all.

Kevin

• Kevin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Sep 2004 17:23 #2239 by Kevin
I understand that the wiring diagram in the factory tech manual is incorrect. And have been told that the error is in the vacumn switch diagram. My manual is a reprint from the Museum and the page is very difficult to read. Was wondering if somebody has a clear copy they could send me to verify that the wiring is correct. The car is a 10 year old restoration, and has some shifiting problems so I want to verify the wiring first.

Also I need a source for the taillight housing gaskets, as well as the licence light assembly gasket. The body style is a Cabriolet, and the previous owner or his restorer used black RTV, so I would like to correct that as well.

Lastly, the car was missing the body tag with the VIN and engine numbers, as well as the Central Manufacturing tag. I have located the tags, but need the correct numbers for the Central Body Tag. If anyone has any history of this car I would appreciate it.

It is Vehicle number 2597 F as listed on the title. I have noticed a third set of holes on the cowl side where the Body plate and Central plate go, was there a third tag?

Thanks for your help
Kevin